InWorldz

Where your Dreams are our Vision!

It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:16 pm | All times are UTC - 6 hours
 Page 27 of 27 [ 262 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
 Post subject: Re: The Decline of members on Inworldz Grid
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:19 am 

Thank you for all the replies. I am now well informed and up to date. I look forward to being part of this lovely world like before.

Post subject: Re: The Decline of members on Inworldz Grid
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:27 am 
Admin

I am going to post this here after going through and moderating a bunch. This entire subject over the last few days and it's deterioration has us revisiting the concept that the General InWorldz section of our forums has become too toxic to continue with. There are some really great people, people I talk to on the grid and have fun with, and when I see you come here and start attacking each other it is a reflection of what goes on in our world.

If you missed it, go back and read what Alestria said in her post on why she left: Drama in the grid. We can't control that. I'm saddened that instead of just muting and blocking people to make her life happier, that she chose to leave. But if that happens in our grid, where we have no control, and it moves here to our forums where we DO have control over it, then it is up to us to ensure we don't allow it when it's directly in front of us.

We get accused of wanting on "rainbows and unicorns" on our forums, and that we are too heavily censoring people on here, and yet, we lose people through no fault of our own due to these exact same actions in the grid. Maybe not by the same people, but it's the same concept. Not everyone has a high tolerance or a thick skin, not everyone is able to wade in and deal with the toxicity. Nor should they really have to. These forums are not for the personal use of a few to attack others, but for the general help of everyone who wishes to use them. We lose on both ends of this deal: Either we're supposed to let people do whatever they want to whomever they want, or we're not allowed to allow any toxicity at all. There is no middle ground for us, even though we've tried to give this a fair balance.

Tranq pointed this out over a year ago: our forums have literally cost us thousands of dollars in customers. Over the course of the last 2 weeks, we have revisited the idea that these forums are not worth the headache and moderation levels that have been required as of late.

Page 27 of 27 [ 262 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27