InWorldz

Where your Dreams are our Vision!

It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:50 pm | All times are UTC - 6 hours
 Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: March 8th-10th - SXSW in InWorldz OPENS FRIDAY
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:50 pm 

March 8th-10th - SXSW in InWorldz
http://slurl.com/secondlife/InWorldz%20Events%20C/60/136/24

InWorldz welcomes visitors of the 2013 SXSW Conference to have a glimpse into our world!

SXSW stands for South By Southwest and is a "real life" Conference of Technology, Music & Film which runs in Austin Texas from March 8th - March 10th 2013. They have a website you can visit here: http://sxsw.com/

InWorldz Creators, Artists & Educators have composed a 49 sim display, sponsored by the founders of InWorldz containing some featured builds from within our grid. We hope that you take some time to see them all. and return afterwards to become a part of our world!

The Main sims and themes:

Sim A - Education
Sim B - Arts & Literature
Sim C - Entertainment
Sim D - Technology
Sim E - Physics
Sim F - Fantasy & Roleplay
Sim G - Transportation
Sim H - The Harbor- Boating & Nature

These 8 main featured sims are part of a 49 sim block, Many of which are scenic backdrops and "crossing sims" where vehicles will take you from one main sim to another.

Additionally we are featuring some special builds in some of the surrounding sims as well.
These include Replicant City, Alchemy, Wizardry A & B, a Mer Cove surrounding the Roleplay & Fantasy Sim and a few backdrops from our artistic creators. There are musical events happening from 8 am to 10 pm all 3 days with Live Performers, Djs and even Belly Dancing!

Performance Stage Schedule - Sim C

Fri Mar 8 SXSW
10:00am – 12:00pm DJ - Justin Meyer -
12:00pm – 1:00pm Subtlety Dalglish - Live Blues
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm Michi Renoir- Live Synthresized Piano
2:00 pm - 4:00pm DJ Strummer Skytower - Classic Rock
4:00pm – 6:00pm DJ Cataplexia Numbers - Belly Dancing
6:00pm – 8:00pm DJ Astoria Luminos - Southern Rock
8:00pm – 9:00pm Prowess Rayna - Live Piano
Sat Mar 9 SXSW
8:00am – 10:00am DJ Cataplexia Numbers - Belly Dancing
10:00am – 12:00n DJ - Justin Meyer -
12:00pm – 2:00pm DJ Kally Skytower - Jazz
2:00pm – 3:00pm Subtlety Dalgish Live Blues
3:00pm – 4:00pm Snoots Dwagon - Live Performance
4:00pm – 6:00pm DJ Strummer Skytower - Classic Rock
6:00pm – 8:00pm DJ Kally - Blues
8:00pm – 10:00pm DJ Clint Westwood - Country
Sun Mar 10 SXSW
10:00am – 12:00pm DJ - Justin Meyer
12:00pm – 2:00pm DJ G-WINZ - Electroswing
2 p.m. -3 p.m. -- open
3:00pm – 4:00pm Reggie Sunset - Live Guitar & Song
4:00pm – 6:00pm DJ Strummer Skytower -Rock
6:00pm – 8:00pm DJ Kally - Blues- Closing

Education - Sim A Schedule Of Classes
Chakras In Motion - Friday March 8th 9-10 am - Morning Meditation and Sharing Energy - Sunday March 10th 8-9 AM Beginners Introduction To Chakras - Cataplexia Numbers

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Abraxus Academy: Fri 8th March @ Sim A Sandbox

12.30 - 2.00pm: Basic Building 1:- Build Window, Texture Tab, Prims

An introduction to prims, the Build Window and Texture Tab, this class is mainly theory. Suitable for beginners who know nothing about building.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 3.00 - 4.00pm: Building Lvl 1 - Brazier Table

An easy class to create a stylish granite brazier for patio or garden. The class covers working with sculpted prims and adding fire to coals. Suitable for beginners.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5.00 - 6.00pm: Tai Chi @ the Tai Chi Garden

Take time out from building to rejuvinate the mind, feed inspiration for your work or just chat to fellow creators. Virtual tai chi can be as beneficial as real life, restoring the spirit just by watching your AV's graceful dance.

Abraxus Academy: Sat 9th March @ Sim A Sandbox

12.00 - 1.30pm: Building Lvl 1 - Toadstool Seats

Create a set of Toadstool Seats with animated sits in them. The class covers building the seats and adding sit scripts and animations to them. Suitable for beginners.

2.30 - 4.30pm: Building Lvl 1 - Bangles

Build a set of elegant, unisex bracelets for your avatar. The class covers building the bracelets, resizing them and fitting them to your avatar's wrist. Suitable for beginners.

5.30 - 6.30pm: Tai Chi @ the Tai Chi Garden

Take time out from building to rejuvinate the mind, feed inspiration for your work or just chat to fellow creators. Virtual tai chi can be as beneficial as real life, restoring the spirit just by watching your AV's graceful dance.

Chakras In Motion - Sunday March 10th 8-9 AM Beginners Introduction To Chakras - Sunday March 10th 8-9 AM Beginners Introduction To Chakras - Cataplexia Numbers

Abraxus Academy: Sun 10th Mar @ Sim A Sandbox

12.00 - 1.30pm: Building Lvl 1 - Scriptless Fountain

Build a small, courtyard fountain. The class covers building the fountain, adding sound and movement to the water and deleting scripts. Suitable for beginners.

2.30 - 4.30pm: Building Lvl 1 - Mystic Glass Bells

A fun class to create two glass bells which move and make a sound when you kick/bump them. The class covers making the spherical bells, adding sounds and scripts to them then setting up physical properties so they will move when kicked. Suitable for beginners.

5.00 - 6.00pm: Tai Chi @ the Tai Chi Garden

Builders Hall: http://places.inworldz.com/InWorldz%20Events%20A/127/235/40

Sandbox: http://places.inworldz.com/InWorldz%20Events%20A/63/98/659

Tai Chi Garden: http://places.inworldz.com/InWorldz%20Events%20A/57/199/50

Chakras In Motion: http://slurl.com/secondlife/InWorldz%20Events%20A/101/181/127

If you are interrested in finding out information or applying to join in upcoming InWorldz Sponsored Events, Please feel free to drop a notecard in my profile.

Thank you- EventsCoordinator InWorldz

Post subject: Re: March 8th-10th - SXSW in InWorldz OPENS FRIDAY
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:44 pm 

:goodthing: This gonna be soooo awesomes.

Check out the DragonForge Emporium at http://places.inworldz.com/ElvenSong/237/37/43. Avatars, building tools, sailing ships, Doctor Who and Stargate items, lots of unique merchandise, and of course Dwagons!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:38 am 

Just a quick shoutout....ALL of you have done a FANTASTIC job..the builds are EPIC! The sense of co-operation has been without flaw, and it looks like everything is ALMOST buttoned down and ready.

I stand up, remove my hat, and blow a super dooper kiss to EC...NEVER have I seen anyone with so much on their plate bring it all together so quickly. THAT woman deserves a standing ovation from each of us, so let me be the first to applaud her efforts, her planning ability, and even her building skills.

EC....YOU RAWK!
:clap:

“Being your best friend does not mean I will stop you from crashing and burning. No, you'll never learn that way. Being your best friend means I will be at the bottom of that pit with duct tape, super glue, and a fire extingusher."
Tori Fanberg

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:03 am 

In more of the amazing stuff, I note that education and spirituality are appearing into Inworldz. This is a new and very interesting step toward a virtual life which encompasses all the aspects of human life, not just having a kind of enhanced group chat.

"Shedrupling University" science
YichTrains Elven Works Lysaer Gortax Robots

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:53 am 

I totally agree with Strummer. Watching all this come together over all these sims has been amazing, And the time and energy that EC and Taika as leaders have put in has been equally amazing. In spite of the short time frame everyone worked together to create an wonderful expression of IW creativity and sheer determination. Applauds everyone but especially Taika and, with a tip of the hat, EC!

Looking forward to the events!

Mike

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:32 am 

OMG! I left Taika off my applaud list...how dare me!

Taika has worked alongside EC through it all, and also deserves a mighty huge ovation as well!

Good catch Mike, thanks for reminding me!

So...here ya go Ms T!

:tup: :tup: Taika....YOU RAWK!

“Being your best friend does not mean I will stop you from crashing and burning. No, you'll never learn that way. Being your best friend means I will be at the bottom of that pit with duct tape, super glue, and a fire extingusher."
Tori Fanberg

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:48 pm 

March 8th-10th 2013 - SXSW in InWorldz Up and Ready

Photos can be seen @
http://rigsphotos.blogspot.co.uk/
more to follow!

Attachments:
IWz SXSW 1_02.jpg
IWz SXSW 1_02.jpg [ 135.14 KiB | Viewed 2205 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:57 am 

Hey Rig...GREAT pic of the entertainment venue!

I really dig looking thru your pics, your angls are always very interesting, and your concept of things is cool. KEEP IT UP!
:monkey:

Tori Fanberg

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:45 pm 

Thanks you all for the lovely comments, thoughts and wow even as kiss, smiles- No Strum you definately dont want to leave Taika off that list. When i tell you she was incredible in all of this, i kid you not. rig great picture but then I think thats all you are capable of - nothing I hsave seen of yours is less than great! Sincere thanks to all who have sent me incredible event photos! I can't wait to asdd them to my event walls- My home meeting room walls are covered in incredible photos! I am so happy to be doing wha i do, and so proud of all who are part of these events and all you do!

If you are interrested in finding out information or applying to join in upcoming InWorldz Sponsored Events, Please feel free to drop a notecard in my profile.

Thank you- EventsCoordinator InWorldz

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]