InWorldz

Where your Dreams are our Vision!

It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:37 am | All times are UTC - 6 hours
 Page 1 of 5 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Viewer 3 unusable for 'serious' virtual work
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:50 am 

I've reported this before, but no solution has been either promised or produced. In view of the way the viewer 3 chat constantly grabs the focus from whatever you're doing, forcing loss of directional control when moving either manually or in a vehicle, and constantly interrupting building and scripting, I can no longer tolerate the sheer stress of using it. This means that I cannot, when Mentoring, offer NR's help and advice on how to use the recommended InWorldz viewer - not a very satisfactory state of affairs...

I'll be switching to Firestorm when Mentoring, and recommending it to New Residents, until this issue is resolved.

Post subject: Re: Viewer 3 unusable for 'serious' virtual work
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:28 am 

Arkady Arkright wrote:
I've reported this before, but no solution has been either promised or produced. In view of the way the viewer 3 chat constantly grabs the focus from whatever you're doing, forcing loss of directional control when moving either manually or in a vehicle, and constantly interrupting building and scripting, I can no longer tolerate the sheer stress of using it. This means that I cannot, when Mentoring, offer NR's help and advice on how to use the recommended InWorldz viewer - not a very satisfactory state of affairs...

I'll be switching to Firestorm when Mentoring, and recommending it to New Residents, until this issue is resolved.

[X] This and bravo.
Many of us indeed said it before. The chat bar behavior is plainly wrong.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:49 am 

I'll be honest here:

Now that Firestorm fixed the IZURLs in their latest release, I am very sorry to report I completely abandoned viewer 3.

I am very sorry, it takes too long for that viewer to become remotely as usable as firestorm for me.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:04 am 

Ben, you picked my curiosity... so I downloaded the last version of firestorm... and no way to connect to inworldz, only SL!! Maybe I missed something...

Well firestorm proposes several interfaces and skins, so that it may please a lot more people than the "hearse looking" SL viewer 3

"Shedrupling University" science
YichTrains Elven Works Lysaer Gortax Robots

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:10 am 

It's a shame. We all expected to get updates to viewer 3 much more often than we had for viewer 2, so the initial teething problems and missing functionality were seen as a temporary headache. At this point I think a lot of people are giving up waiting and moving on to other viewers that are updated regularly like Firestorm.

It depends on what we do though. I still use viewer 2 most of the time because I mainly script and viewer 2's script window is much easier on the eye than the other choices. I then use firestorm for social activities because viewer 2 hates fitted mesh and I like to be able to see what's around me.

I've not given up on viewer 3, and I hope we will get a really good InWorldz viewer from it. It is brilliantly fast, very slick but very flawed, as you would expect from a new product. It has great potential, but I'll stick to viewer 2 and Firestorm for now.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:12 am 

Yichard wrote:
Ben, you picked my curiosity... so I downloaded the last version of firestorm... and no way to connect to inworldz, only SL!! Maybe I missed something...

Firestorm now recognizes inworldz:// protocol urls as well as secondlife:// ones, which means it will intercept them in in-world communications as well as web links like the ones from the InWorldz map.

Did you download the SL-only version of Firestorm or the one that works with opensim (and us) as well?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:20 am 

When I tried Viewer 3 there was almost always a white flashing of water areas in adjacent regions. That as well as the missing functionality keeps me using Firestorm although there are some intermittent issues no matter which viewer I use.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:21 am 

Benski wrote:
I'll be honest here:

Now that Firestorm fixed the IZURLs in their latest release, I am very sorry to report I completely abandoned viewer 3.

I am very sorry, it takes too long for that viewer to become remotely as usable as firestorm for me.

Yup yup yup. I only use Iwz 3 for serious photos since the graphics are better than FS and it is all-around faster (I'll give it credit on those two points) but the other 99% of the time I use FS.

Please fix Iwz 3 viewer to not be such a piece of rubbish. I'd really like to use the "Official" Viewer. You know, the one that we technically in theory should be using.

Last edited by LoganStargazer on Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:22 am 

Yichard wrote:

Well firestorm proposes several interfaces and skins, so that it may please a lot more people than the "hearse looking" SL viewer 3

Yich, you need the Opensim version of Firestorm; not the Havok version.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:32 am 

AstoriaL wrote:
When I tried Viewer 3 there was almost always a white flashing of water areas in adjacent regions. That as well as the missing functionality keeps me using Firestorm although there are some intermittent issues no matter which viewer I use.

To fix that flashing go into the 'Develop' menu, select 'Rendering', and untick 'Object-Object Occlusion'.

Page 1 of 5 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next