InWorldz

Where your Dreams are our Vision!

It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:23 am | All times are UTC - 6 hours
 Page 1 of 2 [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: RLV and Search everything features?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:34 am 

Hi is there anyway to activate RLV on the viewer please? or will i have to use firestorm?

Also will a search everything feature be added to the viewer in time?

Instead of having to repeat the search in each individual section, i.e groups, places

Post subject: Re: RLV and Search everything features?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:42 am 

I THINK you can enable RLV in the v3 viewer ... if so you would need to take conscious steps to do so. If the enabler isn't shown in the advanced or develop menu you can search for the appropriate function in the debug menu (someone else will have to post the specifics if this is the case, I don't tinker with v3 .. I only know those would be the places to look for it.

[perhaps a tutorial for that is now in order if there isn't already one?]

The Almighty tells me he can get me out of this mess, but he's pretty sure you're sporked.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:47 pm 

The current InWorldz viewer 3 does not have the RLV stuff.

The viewer 2 was based on Firestorm and did have it, and one could enable it through debug settings, however Viewer 3 - based on the Alchemy viewer - does not have them.

So yes, you need to use a 3rd party viewer if you want the RLV tools.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:36 pm 

Thank you for clarifying that, Benski ... I will make a note in case I'm asked about it on IDI. It can be frustrating to give and/or get the wrong answer to a question. ... (by the way... it's actually easier to enable in firestorm than all that technical debug stuff ... though you do have to use either advanced settings or developer menu (I never remember which till I have to hunt it down for someone these days) then relog for the settings to take effect.

oh, and FYI ... for anyone who doesn't already know ... if you have enabled RLV and are wearing an RLV device that restricts various things ... and you find that you are not able to carry out some functions (from General land settings all the way down to wearing an attachment) ... it's not necessarily the internet/grid/servers/viewer. Your RLV device 'could' be causing unintended consequences.

It's always a good idea to troubleshoot:

1. (temporarily) disable RLV in your viewer
2. relog
3. attempt the operation again

this will rule out any interference from RLV prior to seeking further assistance.

The Almighty tells me he can get me out of this mess, but he's pretty sure you're sporked.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:41 pm 

Thanks and thats a shame, i dont understand why they would remove it if it was already on there, unless it wasnt working in the IW viewer 2

I will look into downloading the viewer 2 instead or i may just stick to firestorm

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:52 pm 

FreyaDiamondFire wrote:
I will look into downloading the viewer 2 instead or i may just stick to firestorm

Bear in mind that viewer 2 won't resolve mesh, you'd probably be better sticking to FS.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:55 pm 

FreyaDiamondFire wrote:
Thanks and thats a shame, i dont understand why they would remove it if it was already on there, unless it wasnt working in the IW viewer 2

They pulled the base code for IW3 directly from the latest SL viewer which does not support RLV, is why.

IW2 was based on an old version of Firestorm but is now rather obsolete. Firestorm works well here; I use their SL-only version in SL and the 64 bit opensim version here, so I don't have to clear cache when I go back & forth.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:58 pm 

... and now I have "egg" on my face ... it's actually even easier than my instructions for more recent versions of Firestorm:

As of: Firestorm 4.5.1.38838:

Preferences ->
Firestorm Tab -> General sub-tab (across the top of the window) ->
Find and Check the "Allow Remote Script Viewers Controls (RLVa)" box (the first one)-> Apply -> Ok.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:20 pm 

The reason why the inworldz developpers do not manage rlv is that it is an heavy modification of the viewer, which interferes in hundreds of places. So the Inworldz viewer 1 and 3 don't have it, and they did not attempted to install it. The viewer 2 (derived from firestorm) had it, they did not attempted to remove it.

"Shedrupling University" science
YichTrains Elven Works Lysaer Gortax Robots

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:32 pm 

Ive gone back to using firestorm as i found the viewer 3 to be having issues for example it keeps saying that i have no friends yet if you click the + box then go across to friends it shows that i do have friends lol.

Thanks everyone for your help

Page 1 of 2 [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next