InWorldz

Where your Dreams are our Vision!

It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:46 pm | All times are UTC - 6 hours
 Page 27 of 27 [ 265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
 Post subject: Re: InWorldz Viewer v2.2 Release Candidate
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:25 pm 

Carolyn Zapedzki wrote:
Seeing as the inworldz viewer is based on firestorm then i would think it would be possible for the inworldz devs to sort out at some point?.
Unless something recent has changed drastically I don't think that will happen. At this point there's really only one way to get a "stable-ISH-InWorldz-v2-based-on-firestorm-like-experience" that includes current/recent developments in virtual world technology (i.e. familiar menus, terms, etc. without "breakage" due to changes in mesh or without missing out on the additions the v3 viewer(s) have now set in concrete, such as materials, etc.).
[caveat: not counting other TPV's that could, "in theory", exist]
and that is to use the latest Firestorm viewer.
Jim Tarber wrote:
IW2 has effectively been EOL'd (end-of-life) and no further updates will be forthcoming, and all of our development focus is on the IW3 viewer development. So unless there's something specific they want to do that it does not support (e.g. RLV) -- and most new users to viewers won't be in that situation -- I think it would make the most sense to suggest IW3 for those new users, especially now if the crash problem is resolved, and especially knowing IW2 has major problems for many users, and doesn't support things creators will be using soon (like materials).

The Almighty tells me he can get me out of this mess, but he's pretty sure you're sporked.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:46 am 

I always tell people the exact same, that viewer 2, and viewer 1 for that matter, are obsolete.

There are better, and also lighter viewers, out there than viewer 2, with less issues, that can run on older machines and work better than viewer 2 ever will.

Actually for my Materials Introduction post, I listed all viewers that can properly see materials, and they are confirmed to also see Fitted Mesh properly.

So let me make it easy, and edit that part in here, rather than link to the topic:

Benski wrote:
Confirmed viewers that can display Materials correctly:
(click name to go to download websites)

InWorldz viewer 3
CoolVL viewer
Firestorm viewer
Singularity Viewer
Kokua Viewer

All the latest versions of these viewers work.

Hope this helps folks out in finding a Viewer that fits their needs.

Few sidenotes:
- Singularity is no longer being actively developed, but it is uptodate with Materials and Fitted Mesh
- CoolVL is my choise for light weight. I seen this viewer run happely on machines that were too old to run viewer 2.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:26 am 

No Larya, i was meaning do a fix for windows 10 users who can't run viewer 3 with intel graphics cards.

LaryaBlackheart wrote:
Carolyn Zapedzki wrote:
Seeing as the inworldz viewer is based on firestorm then i would think it would be possible for the inworldz devs to sort out at some point?.
Unless something recent has changed drastically I don't think that will happen. At this point there's really only one way to get a "stable-ISH-InWorldz-v2-based-on-firestorm-like-experience" that includes current/recent developments in virtual world technology (i.e. familiar menus, terms, etc. without "breakage" due to changes in mesh or without missing out on the additions the v3 viewer(s) have now set in concrete, such as materials, etc.).

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:42 am 

Carolyn Zapedzki wrote:
V2 and Alchemy viewer are the only 2 viewers i can't get to work, all the others run fine.
I think this was a typo that referred to IW3 instead, correct? And yes, known problem with the drivers for some Intel-based graphics hardware. The hope was that Intel would provide updated Windows 10 drivers at some point soon; the viewer team is focused on delivering the fixes and features rather than solutions to Intel's lack of Windows 10 support. (They are a bit bigger than the viewer team!) :geek: That said, if you've checked for updated Windows 10 drivers from the Intel folks, and it still won't run, it's getting to that point where we'll need to do something like what FS did for that one update and produce one that supports Windows 8 drivers on Windows 10.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:11 pm 

Yes Jim, sorry i meant IW3.

Just checked a couple of days ago for a new driver and no joy yet.

Yes it would be great if you could do that fix at some point

But to be honest i don't have any problems with IW2, it's just the fav's bar links that won't go away when deleted, but i gather that's an issue in IW3 as well, and it's no bigee really.

Jim Tarber wrote:
Carolyn Zapedzki wrote:
V2 and Alchemy viewer are the only 2 viewers i can't get to work, all the others run fine.
I think this was a typo that referred to IW3 instead, correct? And yes, known problem with the drivers for some Intel-based graphics hardware. The hope was that Intel would provide updated Windows 10 drivers at some point soon; the viewer team is focused on delivering the fixes and features rather than solutions to Intel's lack of Windows 10 support. (They are a bit bigger than the viewer team!) :geek: That said, if you've checked for updated Windows 10 drivers from the Intel folks, and it still won't run, it's getting to that point where we'll need to do something like what FS did for that one update and produce one that supports Windows 8 drivers on Windows 10.

Page 27 of 27 [ 265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27