InWorldz

Where your Dreams are our Vision!

It is currently Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:14 am | All times are UTC - 6 hours
 Page 1 of 3 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Alchemy County Fair Charity
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 1:35 am 

Press Release for Alchemy County Fair
Greetings Ladies and Gents,
There's very few of us that haven't watched or heard about the earthquakes in Japan or the post disaster efforts by numerous organizations and volunteers. I'd like to cordially invite you to take even a small part in a charity we're organizing in Inworldz for Second Harvest Japan (or 2HJ).

What is Second Harvest Japan?
Second Harvest Japan is a charity that collects and distributes food and supplies to Japanese families in need. When the disaster occured, they quickly turned into an emergency response group. Currently donations are for both disaster relief and regular organizational activities. Please keep in mind your donation will be directed to where it is most needed.

Second Havest Japan: Emergency Response Portal wrote:
Second Harvest Japan Releases Disaster Relief Plan

Currently, Second Harvest Japan (2HJ) is using all of its personnel power to work on the disaster relief activity for the people in Tohoku area affected by the Pacific earthquake. Here are what we are working on now: 1) establishing the network to recruit all kinds of items we need; 2) establishing safe and secure routes to deliver needed items to the disaster victims; 3) collecting information about what exactly the disaster victims need. With your support, we will engage in the emergency disaster relief and the reconstruction assistance that will follow the emergency action.

What's the event?
An entire month long event of fun, community, and the spirit of giving at the Alchemy County Fair! Located on the recently renovated Isle of Alchemy. Train rides, live shows, djs, carny rides, games, funhouse, photo ops, events, and LOADS of items generously donated by the Inworldz community! Explore by yourself, meet some friends, bring your own, or bring a date!

Is this legit?
We've been very fortunate to have Virtual Helping Hands take part in this event. They're a cross grid charity for helping people with disabilities in virtual worlds and a worthy charity in their own right. They have submitted both paperwork and a charity avatar to Inworldz LLC. All donations will go through this avatar and proper documentation will be provided.

How can we help?
Glad you asked! We need you! We need performers, djs, bloggers, tweeters, merchants, builders, scripters, every friggin body! Have an odd object that doesn't fit in your store? Consider selling it for a month for charity! Want to throw a party? Consider throwing it for charity! Write blogs, tell your friends, tweet it. We're open for a month starting June 1st and ending July 1st (maybe longer). Contact us, let us know. 100% of all tips, sales, proceeds are to go to charity. It's for a very good cause, please consider helping.

LINKS
Second Harvest Japan
Second Harvest Japan: Emergency Response Portal
Second Harvest Japan Disaster Relief Report
Virtual Helping Hands

Contacts
Johnny Night
Cryptic Quandry
Saxet Uralia
Charles Mountain

Please read Organizing an Event for Charity for further information. If you would like to help, either post a response there or contact myself. If you do not wish to register there, post here and I will attempt to relay there. It is very important to read at least as we're attempting to keep all relevant information in one place. Thank you for your time :-D .

Post subject: Re: Alchemy County Fair Charity
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 6:22 pm 

Huge thank you to everyone that's asked and decided to donate and help so far. You guys are really amazing. We do have room for more stuff though!! So I'm calling any vendors that would like to help, please consider donating. Let's show some of the community spirit we often brag about (me too, damn it :-D ) and chip in for a good cause.

The vendors are here:
secondlife://Isle%20of%20Alchemy/180/78/22
inworldz://Isle%20of%20Alchemy/180/78/22

Instructions are inside too, please read. Also I've mentioned it before, but my connection this week is not great (not @ home), so I may not get inworld. If you could direct vendor questions until the 30th to Cryptic Quandry. Thank you so much for your time!

(and THANK YOU CRYPTIC!! for taking this on)

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 10:54 am 

*bump*

:kitty:

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 11:56 am 

Johnny Night wrote:
Huge thank you to everyone that's asked and decided to donate and help so far. You guys are really amazing. We do have room for more stuff though!! So I'm calling any vendors that would like to help, please consider donating. Let's show some of the community spirit we often brag about (me too, damn it :-D ) and chip in for a good cause.

The vendors are here:
secondlife://Isle%20of%20Alchemy/180/78/22
inworldz://Isle%20of%20Alchemy/180/78/22

Instructions are inside too, please read. Also I've mentioned it before, but my connection this week is not great (not @ home), so I may not get inworld. If you could direct vendor questions until the 30th to Cryptic Quandry. Thank you so much for your time!

(and THANK YOU CRYPTIC!! for taking this on)

I have had SO much fun working on this, and it's for such a great cause! I am really looking forward to it opening!

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 2:53 pm 

Thanks for the bump as we had totally missed this before!

Will see what we can come up with in a way of donating some wares ;)

Blog
Twitter
Facebook

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 12:13 am 

That would be wonderful, Rosa! I'm just a vendor and a newb builder at that, but I know it's really appreciated by the folks who have worked so hard on it all! It's really FUN to be involved with it, I agree - been having a great time and it hasn't even started yet (June 1 all). You've got to see this, really - it's fabulous :D Come join us everyone!

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 5:22 pm 

Did a Machinima for the Alchemy County Fair (that I uhhh..keep saying is CountRy...sorry!).

I sorta sneaked in and did a little bit of sight seeing

http://youtu.be/01F-ZNTrUpo

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 6:42 pm 

Yay Misty!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:19 am 

Awesome video, Misty - love the staggering walk after that dizzyingly fast fairground ride! :lmao:

Matahari Style Blog: http://mataharistyle.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:21 am 

thanks!

I just discovered Scotsmousers ride by the vendors.....that thing is hysterical!

Page 1 of 3 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next