InWorldz

Where your Dreams are our Vision!

It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:17 am | All times are UTC - 6 hours
 Page 1 of 2 [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Advertising possibilities
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:11 am 

Hello :)

I have been a merchant in Inworldz for 2 months now and i was wondering how other merchants were advertising their store here?
In SL search pops op a lot of malls and roleplay places to rent stores ad, but i cannot seem to find any spots in Inworldz?
Search never pops up anythign decent or anythign @ all
The Inworldz attempt for a MP site does not seem to be picking up.
So in about three days my rent is due and after that i might pack up and leave Inworldz as it does not seem to have the right options to advertise your store to help it grow.
But before i do i thought i would ask around to see if i was overlooking anything?

Friendly regards

Post subject: Re: Advertising possibilities
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:36 am 

Well there are groups that you can join to advertise your stuff. Each has rules but I see alot of advertising that way.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:11 pm 

There are many groups that allow advertising, find a few that encompass your target audience. The forums here have classifieds. Satellite shops in the right areas are a help. You can put freebies at IDI or ask them to add your landmarks to the landmark giver at the front.

Also, its unlikely that one can come here, pop up a shop and poof you get sales. IW is very social and word of mouth is golden. I think you need more than 2 months to even start to integrate with the community.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:22 pm 

marketing here is easy BUT, you need the right support...have you talked with your mall owner or the sim owner?

if they can't help you, you're in the wrong place...

Last edited by Minethere Always on Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

〘√〙 Goofball ™ RL 웃℠

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:35 pm 

another thing is make sure you have your shop in Picks in your profile. Does not hurt to put into classifieds as well. Was looking at your profile noticed you do not have your shop in your profile picks nor in the classifieds.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:18 pm 

misseuro, your picks show nothing about your products or your store locations and your profile shows one group owned by you with zero description. I point this out because those two presentation spots are the most commonly used ways people find out about merchants. Much of a merchant's success comes from word of mouth advertisement and having yoour profile ready to guide people to you store is extremely important. The third way is through the WEB forums. There are plenty of advert topic areas there. The fourth way is through giveaways at sponsored events or at the IDI free stores. There are also several inworld advert groups that work well to make yourself visible. The other thing to consider is that Inworldz has a high percentage of builders in its population. Miscellaneous items that would sell in the SL grid often will not sell here because people just build it themselves.

My suggestion to you is to use the resources people here use to find about things and not assume that tried and true avenues in the SL grid apply here. Each grid has its culture and customs and it is best to find them and abide by them to garner best results. Two months are barely enough time for people to take notice of a new arrival. Give it more time. The land prices here are exceedingly low. You should have a minimum of 6 months of rental sunk costs available to you to break into any market in any grid.

Balpien Hammer, InMotion.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:35 pm 

In addition to the advice given, try https://www.theinbiz.com/mall/index.php

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:50 pm 

Also when placing a classified , is you choose to do so...add in a list of keywords. Things that you actually sell or descriptive of what you sell.

one word of advice: Do not add keywords that have nothing to do with your products as this is a huge turn off. Example: Is not nice to be led to a store with the key word "Furries" in it only to find out that all they sell is motorcycles!

i have classified placed that certainly do result in sales, rentals and traffic.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:45 am 

hey!

First of all thank you very much for all the wonderfull tips :)
i will try all advice that was given here.
Altho one question still remains runnign through my head..before do export all my items from SL to Inworldz..from now on i will move from sculpties to mesh, will mesh be supported by inworldz in the near future?
because if it wouldn't it would be a shame to spend another week transfering everything over to inworldz knowing that one day i wont be able to expand the store with mesh.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:46 am 

oh and if you could it would realy appreciated it if you could mention some of the groups i should have a look @ :)

thank you

Page 1 of 2 [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next