InWorldz

Where your Dreams are our Vision!

It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:33 am | All times are UTC - 6 hours
 Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Tarber Photo Studio
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:09 pm 

Way back in 2011 Mister Jim Tarber scripted and built a photo studio. This came to my attention and I asked him for permission to work with it some and add it to The Free Script Library........... permission he graciously provided.
Christine and I have added a HUD to control all functions (so you don't have to lose that perfect angle for a shot just to press a button), multi-coloured lighting, the ability to show/hide pose stands and a few other things.
Poses and backgrounds can be easily added or removed thinks to Jim's excellent initial work.
What makes this doubly exciting for me is when were finishing it up I commented to Christine that it would make an excellent tool insofar as teaching someone how to script a HUD driven device while maintaining non HUD based functionality. Christine loved the idea and has fully commented all the scripts, which are, of course, full perm.
I'm really grateful to Jim for letting us do this and I cannot say how proud I am of Christine's role in it......without her I would be nothing in IW and this thing wouldn't have happened.
Finally.....I really wish something like this had been available when I was learning this stuff ;-p

Post subject: Re: Tarber Photo Studio
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:20 pm 

I just wanted to say, I picked up the photo booth from the free script library, took it home rezzed, and was surprised how well it is, the lighting and hud, all make it perfect and for free, well worth it for a trip there :) :bravo:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:35 am 

would it work with houses and other really big things?

de todos ha de haber en el mundo, Miguel de Cervantes, El ingenioso caballero Don Quijote de la Mancha, Capítulo VI, 1615; translated 1620, Shelton, as “In the world there must surely be of all sorts.” and appeared in various forms thereafter.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:09 pm 

Poppet McGimsie wrote:
would it work with houses and other really big things?

Not really, since the lighting is done with PRIM_POINT_LIGHT and would not scale up very well.

You could of course scale down your "really big things" for the purposes of getting a photo and get a result that way.

~ Christine ~

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]