InWorldz

Where your Dreams are our Vision!

It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:31 am | All times are UTC - 6 hours
 Page 24 of 26 [ 255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mesh, clothing deformer, LSL Vehicle Physics
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:38 am 

Umm, my comment about this was only foundin the slu forums last week.. do i have foot in mouth disease lol... but hey 2011 was a good year lol.
And i would really like to apologize for raising your ire enough to type some troll like comment into the forum which i considered to not be neded either so there...

Attachments:
images.jpeg
images.jpeg [ 5.01 KiB | Viewed 163169 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:33 pm 

Can anyone tell me how it is possible that when I upload DAE file to mesh that the LI count is so high, that I now have made a Departement store that is in SL 187 LI en that it is in here, unfinished just half way on 410 LI!!!

For example I have a railing for stairs in SL just 1 LI and here it is 16. :notfair:

Do I upload wrong, Do I use the wrong viewer? I have tried Firestorm IW Beta, Singularity etc. All give the same outcome. I load up with a simple rectangle and square Physic form to cut down the angles and round forms

I am intended to bring over all my mesh houses and shops but with that high LI it is not worth it to do so.

I hope this is going to be better in future. Please tell me if that will be the case:)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:47 pm 

LI calculus does not depend on the viewer.

I cannot reply directly your question on the Land Impact figure, but seeing these large values your mesh has probably way too many triangles. I give some info on optimising triangles count with Sculptris, although there can be other tools.

It may also be possible with Blender

"Shedrupling University" science
YichTrains Elven Works Lysaer Gortax Robots

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:06 pm 

Ty for a fast answer. Indeed this is concerning items with a lot of triangles. Like that railing. I make those in SL in prim and with Mesh Studio I convert the primitems into a DAE file that I can re upload into different grids like here. But when I reload that in SL and I use a rectangle Physic form that covers the whole railing then with uploading it does not count the triangles at all and comes the railing out of it with 1 LI. Here however it seems that a physic form just does not work as well as the convex hull rule btw.

And that would be such a pity when it stays like that:/

Sculptris and Blender are tools you draw your model in and convert that to a DAE file. Sketchup does that also. Mesh Sttudio works different and is an amazing tool for people that never overgrown their LEGO time:)) Like me!!:)) :hahah:

Post subject: Re: LSL Vehicle Physics Compatibility
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 4:25 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?hd=1&v=AyMSiITyP0c

After crossings, coming soon to a beta near you.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:34 am 

Hello friends,

Any idea about how far the IW Beta viwer will be ready to show the Fitted Meshes?. I upload some clothes using the new colision bones added by Linden recently and, using Singularity as well as fireStorm I see my clothes fine... but when using the IW Beta viwer, meshes look not fine (viwer doesn't understand the new collision bones rigging).

Regards

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:52 pm 

hello :) i digg out this old thread for a suggestion :D a wish a idea...
for the future hehe

i know for avatars it is allready programed that a mesh/object can be deformed by bones/skelett

how great and how many options it will be when it is posible for normal mesh also, upload with skelet/bones and deformed by a script :)
like rotate_bone (1, 90,0,0) or like this :D

if this will be posible one day i will kiss the scripter :D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:48 am 

sChen. I can imagine uses for this but I'm curious what specifically you'd do with it...

There was a tool like that in SL... Where you could sort of pose a character and it spit out a bvh animation for you by feeding data to an external site. Never did figure out how they did it. But it was intriguing. You couldn't do it real time but the idea was cool.

So curious what you'd use something like that for?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:22 am 

A really good scripter can do this. Although, I guess it would work better if it was coded in the simulator instead. A script doing that fast enough would lag the sim, while characters doing the sam thing are not a problem.

Uses are many: robots, animals, etc.

"Shedrupling University" science
YichTrains Elven Works Lysaer Gortax Robots

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:34 am 

maybe I shouldn't say this at this time or even here but I have been spending a lot of time where I am running into new residents... there are 2 questions I hear a lot and is at the top of the list of questions I get.....
Is there a market place
and

do you have fitted mesh here.......

in my own opinion fitted mesh is keeping some people (a lot) of people away...
if you have not spent time in fitted mesh, that includes mesh bodies.... you will not
understand why its important....I have done a week long test of my own over the hill getting ready to be in a wedding there.......I now know why people feel strongly about fitted mesh

The market place question I was thinking people wanted to buy from there to hurry up and fix up their Avie before they checked out the grid...
then someone said people are coming over to see if we have it so they can just use it for their products that they don't really want to be here........that never crossed my mind (as always) now I am believing they are right....
but honestly I personally don't have a problem with that.... just means more for us to see whats out there) again these are only my opinions only from experience talking to others...

Page 24 of 26 [ 255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next