InWorldz

Where your Dreams are our Vision!

It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:31 pm | All times are UTC - 6 hours
 Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Re: attacks on InWorldz
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:58 pm 

I think it is a shame that InWorldz has been targeted by no-goodniks. Hardly novel, unfortunately, but a shame.
Would just like to throw this out to the founders, and please take in spirit it is given. And with a grain of salt :)
Every Tweet, and every announcement that InWorldz is being attacked creates a bit of doubt among those who frequent VWs, especially those many users who lack deep knowledge of the exploits being used. It also signals more no-goodniks who are trolling the waters that InWorlds might be an easy target.
While you certainly gain much sympathy, I do not think it creates great confidence in those who are being asked by your landowners to create businesses in InWorldz.
I completely understand the desire to be transparent to your loyal residents and many fans, but suggest perhaps phrasing differently when announcing issues.
I bring this up, as I have been hearing discussions about "what a shame" it is that InWorldz will likely be killed off by hackers. I do not think this is the sort of word-of-mouth that InWorldz needs.
The plans for the upcoming year address so many of the remaining issues that have kept many of my friends from IW - most of them are flyers :) I am very excited to let them know that this is in the plans for the coming year!

Post subject: Re: attacks on InWorldz
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:12 pm 
Admin

Thank you for your input fogwoman.

These situations are hard to address in a way where everyone is happy with the way things are announced and I hope that our strength shows in how the situation is dealt with. Especially when the issue is unfolding judging what to say and do for your customers is very difficult.

It is my desire to be transparant that drives the announcements to be the way they are, but I definitely dont want to give anyone the impression we're weak. We have great systems and software in place to diagnose problems both intentional and unintentional.

I'll take your post under advisement and try to better handle these situations in the future.

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]