InWorldz

Where your Dreams are our Vision!

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:25 pm | All times are UTC - 6 hours
 Page 1 of 6 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Just No Pleasing Some People
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:09 am 

Warning this is a bit of a rant but with a point :P

So Blade sells prefabs and he receives and IM from a potential customer, She/he is looking at houses but can't get the doors to work, Blade replies and explains that he was having to many issues with door script so after speaking to a few customers decided to make the doors unscripted and phantom. Ok no problem right?

Wrong, The next day Blade logs on and finds that said customer has purchased a house, Awesome, An hour or so later he receives a 2nd IM, The doors aren't working. Blade ever so patiently runs through the same explanation, problem scripts, now unscripted and phantom, However if customer would like scripted doors he can pass her a copy of the script he was using (again he warns her/him of the issues). Customer wants script. Ok Done.

No not done, Customer IM's the next day, She/he can't seem to get it working, Ok no problem, Blade patiently explains the steps he took to get them working. Ok customer will do that.

Next day, Same customer, The instructions Blade gave don't seem to be correct. Enter me, Blade asks me if I can try helping the customer, Considering the fact I do most of the customer service. No worries.

I create a notecard, saying hello, explaining I'm Blade's business partner and he's asked me to help, I then write out step by step how to script the doors. Customer IM's and says thank you, she/he will do that.

Next day, Blade gets his first rude message, "your assistant contacted me and it didn't help, give me back my money", Now bare in mind that I am now dealing with this issue so Blade passes a note to me, I contact customer and tell her that we won't be issuing a refund because there isn't anything actually wrong with the house besides the fact that she wants her doors scripted. I then offer to come over at her time of choosing and set the doors up for her"

Holy smoke, Trouble starts. I receive a message, saying how dare I disrespect her and just because shes a newbies doesn't mean she doesn't know how to do it herself and a few other interesting sentences. I respond by saying I did not disrespect her/him I simply stated no refund blah blah blah, But again if she/he would like I will come over and help her/him setup the doors and if not then I'm sorry she/he isn't happy.

I get no response, Blade however gets quite an abusive mouthful.

My point is this, We are all human beings, no matter what form we choose to represent ourselves as and wether we are merchants or not does not mean that we have to sit and have abuse hurled at us for no good reason. Especially when we have tried for several days to help said customer. Customers need to really think about what they are typing when trying to get what they want, You know that saying "you catch more bee's with honey" well yea, that. Just because something isn't working out for you doesn't make it somebody elses fault and you don't have the right to abuse others because of it.

True Blue Designs, Starfall (151, 13, 23) [Teleport]

Post subject: Re: Just No Pleasing Some People
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:52 am 

Costumer service is never easy. But remember - the costumer is always right. Sounds like a cliché but if you dont live after this as a merchant your days are counted. You have to deal with costumers that have a bad day, thats it.

Of course i feel sympathy for you and your struggle, but this is hard facts. I have worked with this irl for so many years so I might know what I am talking about. Still of course we wish all humans always would show respect towards each others. But we all have bad days. Maybee the costumer thought she payed quite a high price for the house and was expecting more for that price? I dont know. Doors are important im afraid for a lot of ppl. If we cant get it to work maybee we have to lower our prices?? I dont know?

But inWorldz has really awesome door scripts for free at Idi. I have used them for a long time now and they are linkable and I have had no problems with them.

Best of luck with your costumers in the future and remember they are seldom angry with YOU, as a person, just dissappointed with the product =)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:03 am 

Mera Kranfel wrote:
Costumer service is never easy. But remember - the costumer is always right. Sounds like a cliché but if you dont live after this as a merchant your days are counted. You have to deal with costumers that have a bad day, thats it.

Of course i feel sympathy for you and your struggle, but this is hard facts. I have worked with this irl for so many years so I might know what I am talking about. Still of course we wish all humans always would show respect towards each others. But we all have bad days. Maybee the costumer thought she payed quite a high price for the house and was expecting more for that price? I dont know. Doors are important im afraid for a lot of ppl. If we cant get it to work maybee we have to lower our prices?? I dont know?

But inWorldz has really awesome door scripts for free at Idi. I have used them for a long time now and they are linkable and I have had no problems with them.

Best of luck with your costumers in the future and remember they are seldom angry with YOU, as a person, just dissappointed with the product =)

Thanks for the advice Mera, would you have a copy of that particular script, I can't seem to locate a good linking one that works.

True Blue Designs, Starfall (151, 13, 23) [Teleport]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:06 am 

What Mera said. But I totally and completely understand your frustration, Natalie. I haven't had a rude customer InWorldz *crosses everything* but in SL I once had and I actually managed to stay calm even though I have a foul mouth when I'm seriously provoked and I was seriously provoked. That was such a prick but something told me he just wanted to provoke me and probably see me freak out. No such luck :pffft:
I know very well how hard it is to stay calm.
Keep calm and carry on ;) and most importantly, don't let an imbecile like that ruin your day, so not worth it :hug:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:31 am 

Yes of course! Inea Madville provided them (BIG THANKS!!) You can also find them in the gadget store at the start sim inworlds desert island

Here it is first a note:
The only requirement is a half-prim door. To make one, edit the prim and on the Object tab, set "Path Cut Begin and End" to 0.375 and 0.625. Drop in the script. You're done.

These door scripts will "just work". No tweaking needed.

The doors can be linked into a build. There is no need to keep them separate. There are no restrictions on linking at all.

the first script (there are two), door open 90 degrees:

// DoorScript-1.2

// Doors can open in/out/left/right/etc... lots of ways to describe it.
// The least error-prone way I can think if is two choices:
// clockwise (CW), when viewed from above
// counterclockwise (CCW), when viewed from above

// Set the following to TRUE to open counterclockwise.
integer openIsCCW = FALSE; // open counterclockwise when viewed from above?

float SoundVolume = 0.8; // a value from 0.0 (muted) to 1.0 (full)

// Like simple RL doors, don't auto-close then in the face of your guests.
// Auto-closing doors, especially after a few seconds are frustrating to many.
// But don't leave them open indefinitely. 5 minutes is a good value.
integer AutoCloseTimeInSeconds = 300; // 5 minutes

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// No need to change anything after this. //

key SOUND_OPEN = "25f95d17-21d6-4bb4-838a-8ea16c8a31b1";
key SOUND_CLOSE = "f5f1de42-f7d4-4617-a524-6a1d9cd06052";

integer doorIsOpen = FALSE;

Sound(key which)
{
if (SoundVolume > 0.0)
llTriggerSound(which, SoundVolume);
}

rotate(integer rotateCCW)
{
rotation rot = llGetLocalRot();
rotation delta;
if (rotateCCW)
delta = llEuler2Rot(<0,0,PI/2>);
else
delta = llEuler2Rot(<0,0,-PI/2>);
rot = delta * rot;
llSetLocalRot(rot);
}

open()
{
Sound(SOUND_OPEN);
rotate(openIsCCW);
llSetTimerEvent(AutoCloseTimeInSeconds);
doorIsOpen = TRUE;
}

close()
{
Sound(SOUND_CLOSE);
rotate(!openIsCCW);
llSetTimerEvent(0.0);
doorIsOpen = FALSE;
}

{
state_entry()
{
doorIsOpen = FALSE;
}

on_rez(integer rez)
{
llResetScript();
}

touch_start(integer discard)
{
if (doorIsOpen)
close();
else
open();
}

timer()
{
if (doorIsOpen)
close();
llSetTimerEvent(0.0);
}
}

Next: Door open ANTI CLOCKWISE:

// DoorScript-1.2

// Doors can open in/out/left/right/etc... lots of ways to describe it.
// The least error-prone way I can think if is two choices:
// clockwise (CW), when viewed from above
// counterclockwise (CCW), when viewed from above

// Set the following to TRUE to open counterclockwise.
integer openIsCCW = TRUE; // open counterclockwise when viewed from above?

float SoundVolume = 0.8; // a value from 0.0 (muted) to 1.0 (full)

// Like simple RL doors, don't auto-close then in the face of your guests.
// Auto-closing doors, especially after a few seconds are frustrating to many.
// But don't leave them open indefinitely. 5 minutes is a good value.
integer AutoCloseTimeInSeconds = 300; // 5 minutes

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// No need to change anything after this. //

key SOUND_OPEN = "25f95d17-21d6-4bb4-838a-8ea16c8a31b1";
key SOUND_CLOSE = "f5f1de42-f7d4-4617-a524-6a1d9cd06052";

integer doorIsOpen = FALSE;

Sound(key which)
{
if (SoundVolume > 0.0)
llTriggerSound(which, SoundVolume);
}

rotate(integer rotateCCW)
{
rotation rot = llGetLocalRot();
rotation delta;
if (rotateCCW)
delta = llEuler2Rot(<0,0,PI/2>);
else
delta = llEuler2Rot(<0,0,-PI/2>);
rot = delta * rot;
llSetLocalRot(rot);
}

open()
{
Sound(SOUND_OPEN);
rotate(openIsCCW);
llSetTimerEvent(AutoCloseTimeInSeconds);
doorIsOpen = TRUE;
}

close()
{
Sound(SOUND_CLOSE);
rotate(!openIsCCW);
llSetTimerEvent(0.0);
doorIsOpen = FALSE;
}

{
state_entry()
{
doorIsOpen = FALSE;
}

on_rez(integer rez)
{
llResetScript();
}

touch_start(integer discard)
{
if (doorIsOpen)
close();
else
open();
}

timer()
{
if (doorIsOpen)
close();
llSetTimerEvent(0.0);
}
}

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:03 am 
Admin

First rule of customer service when dealing with a irritated customer: do not take it personally. You have no idea what's been going on in their life that day or what headaches they've had to deal with. And especially in this environment, they come here to relax. Sometimes the best way to diffuse their anger is to say "step me through exactly what happened" as that allows them to vent and get it all off their chest. There's another golden rule in service (and it works wonders in the real world as well).... Wait 10 seconds before speaking. Make sure the other party is done. For most part, these two little rules have served me well over the years, and I'm typically able to turn around a situation. Usually they just want to be heard.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:08 am 

I really do feel for you and Blade - I haven't had anyone near approaching that level of rudeness in InWorldz, thank heavens we're still a friendly and understanding bunch who are on the whole patient with the beta bugs that bite all of our asses from time to time. I suspect the customer you had is suffering from a nasty case of SLitus and if they take this attitude across IW with them, they're going to find themselves strangely friendless, alone and ignored.

In my years on SL I can thankfully still count on one hand the number of customers who have been downright rude to me. The moment someone starts being abusive to me they cease being a valued customer to be helped, and become a f***wit on my mute list.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:47 am 

Sometimes it's just good to vent to someone when you have had to deal with a frustrating customer-or a frustrating anything else, really. Customer service can really create some venting opportunities. *chuckles*

Seriously, it's a hard part of business at times and there will be people who strike out for reasons other than what they appear to be angry about. Who knows, it may have had little to do with you and more to do with what was going one in her/his life at the moment. That doesn't make it right certainly, but it is human.

Or alternatively, they could just be a jerk. Some of them wandering around too. ;)

Anyway-here:
:hug:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:49 am 

Elenia wrote:
First rule of customer service when dealing with a irritated customer: do not take it personally. You have no idea what's been going on in their life that day or what headaches they've had to deal with. And especially in this environment, they come here to relax. Sometimes the best way to diffuse their anger is to say "step me through exactly what happened" as that allows them to vent and get it all off their chest. There's another golden rule in service (and it works wonders in the real world as well).... Wait 10 seconds before speaking. Make sure the other party is done. For most part, these two little rules have served me well over the years, and I'm typically able to turn around a situation. Usually they just want to be heard.

Yes yes! , the listening part is the most important.

I havent had that happen in IW, *crosses my fingers* but have had it happen in real life. It's harder to keep the anger out of your face when dealing with an unhappy person. But when it's all said and done, and the rant is over, they are glad to have been heard and got it all fixed up. So, hang in there, this too shall pass.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:34 pm 

:cooldevil: i can make t-shirts with "WHINER" on the front for you to hand out
j/k...i was a service writer at a dealership for 8+ years...some people will never be happy

Page 1 of 6 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next