InWorldz

Where your Dreams are our Vision!

It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:43 pm | All times are UTC - 6 hours
 Page 1 of 7 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: "The Sky is Falling! The Sky is Falling!" ...
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:07 am 

...Yet again in SL - http://tinyurl.com/394drs9

Just a heads-up in case you missed it - we may be in for yet another influx of new Residents looking for a place safe to be adults.

I am so happy to be a recluse and anti-social! /me clings tightly to her Mature lands in SL and promises not to venture forth or make any new friends!

Last edited by Amaranthim Talon on Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: "The Sky is Falling! The Sky is Falling!" ...
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:14 am 

Wow, just about the time that I thought SL couldn't find anything to bring themselves (and their business) down more they figure out a way to do it. Just makes me wonder what these people drink at their business meetings.

Once again I am so glad to be part of InWorldz.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:21 am 

Am very glad that I am no longer a part of that ....

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:24 am 

Among those stellar personalities that do little but tell other people how horrible they are, ad nauseum, on the sl forums a favorite thing seems to be berating adults who do not want the teen merge. Calling them closet pedophiles, child-haters and countless other things. There's also my favorite of assuming because adults want a place they are fairly certain they're not interacting with children they must be engaging in nothing but constant sex-ball hopping. But, so what if they are?

I think our growth is in large part due to curious people who are sick to death of having their business minded by others, personally and professionally. I won't be shocked if there is a growth spurt when they make the switch in January.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:53 am 

I was just reading the comments on the blog - seems a majority of folks are not well pleased- not that this will dissuade the Lab. I am planning on handing out little notecards in my shop - Just like in IW, not every resident is aware of the forums there.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:55 am 

while we are on bad news from over yonder....apparently Universal City Studio's is putting it's foot down on SL residents regarding the use of Battlestar Galatica items. They hold copy right to it and are demanding the items be removed from SL:

http://ow.ly/1rJf6F

Hopefully that link works

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:01 pm 

I dunno how big BSG is but I know the SG geeks (raises hand) are probably freaking out.
I think it's good, though, if infringing content is cleaned up. Not only can it serve to give folks a bit more confidence in LL's handling of things, it'll push sci-fi ge...erm, fans in general, to create outside the bounds of a specific universe.
I don't think it'll do much to push traffic outside of SL, though.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:05 pm 

Well ok! I have grandkids and can understand how the parents/grandparents feel about their kids interacting with other adults... who knows what the agenda would be for that adult... I also was a fairy at one point in SL ( a short chubby with wings) as was solicited by adult male avatars to 'see their lil paradise'. A friend of SL was almost banned because he had cyber sex with a woman only to find out..... she was only 14 yrs old rl. :-o Yes this does frighten me for the teens out there.
And, if the teens come here, how will we know they are teens? I dont mind children on the grid but wow, I need to know they are kids.
Very touchy subject.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:22 pm 

Amaranthim Talon wrote:
I was just reading the comments on the blog - seems a majority of folks are not well pleased- not that this will dissuade the Lab.

There may be a majority of the forum posters over there who are displeased, but I doubt that any more than a very small minority of SL residents as a whole have even read the announcement, let alone thought through the possible implications.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:26 pm 

You are absolutely right, Arkady. Same as here, not all Residents are even aware of the blogs or blogrum. I did, however, just send out a notice to my granted small group of less than 300 members with information and a link to the post. I added it to my profile and will consider putting up a notegiver. I am also yet again cautiously removing my L's as I do every couple months or so when ever LL does some damn foolish thing that makes me wonder how long before they freeze assets.

Last edited by Amaranthim Talon on Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Page 1 of 7 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next