InWorldz

Where your Dreams are our Vision!

It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:13 am | All times are UTC - 6 hours
 Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Survey
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:35 pm 

I have a club here on Inworldz and I would like to hear from residents as to what times they would like to see events & what kind of music they would like to here....Days & Times would help a lot so I can get an idea of what days would be best
Please put time as Inworldz time...thank you

Post subject: Re: Survey
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:44 am 

tinamarie wrote:
I have a club here on Inworldz and I would like to hear from residents as to what times they would like to see events & what kind of music they would like to here....Days & Times would help a lot so I can get an idea of what days would be best
Please put time as Inworldz time...thank you

I'd like to see a club which offer events ect through different timezones, not just for USD but for the UK and Australia, the problem I have being an aussie is i miss everything.

True Blue Designs, Starfall (151, 13, 23) [Teleport]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:55 am 

Varying times would be great. I live in the US but often can't sleep and am on at what is late night or even early morning inworld.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:44 am 

I already told you this inworld, but to add my thoughts to the thread...

I'm a night owl. Ideally I'd like to see events starting around 8pm PST (IWT),
and ending around 2am. 12am reasonably, 2am ideally.

Around that time of night is when I'm done building or doing other things and
I'm looking for somewhere to unwind with some good music.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:33 pm 

I am both surprised, and disappointed that no one else is adding their opinions here. :(

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:59 pm 

This interests me as well, being another club owner, though I do have a specific niche crowd my club is aimed toward. And I am sure Nedria will tell me I should have more later evening American events to capture more of my target audience. I am just a little weird in that I am not creature of the night. *Shrugs.* TBA I may consider Stirring some souls later in the evening on Saturdays is I see some demand, and will catch my UK crowd on Sundays.

Dark Gypsy of InWorldz
Find out more about the Gypsies Of InWorldz @ http://inworldzgypsy.dx.am

Gothic Rock and Metal DJ
DJ Group: DJ Mortus Eclipses Eloquent Souls

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:26 pm 

A variety of music is always appealing because I love to listen to just about anything , from classical, folk, country, bluegrass to hiphop, rock n roll , blues, jazz, ... whatever mood I am in I will listen to the music.

And I do keep odd hours myself, early mornings is best for me, IW time.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:44 pm 

My answer to this is pretty much the same answer to the question 'what should I build?'. What you love.
If you want to play music, play what you love. The best DJs I hear are knowledgeable of their genres and turn me on to tunes I might never hear if everything is requests and, to be frank, pandering to the crowd.
I understand the business aspect of making folks happy and wanting to get in where there's a market, but if it doesn't start with a passion the folks are going to feel that and feel played not played to.
Times to hold events should depend on your needs. I have listened around enough to know there's always someone looking for a party. It is definitely a good idea to scan future events listings in places like the forum if you want to avoid timing conflicts. As we grow, these conflicts will become less of an issue. Everyone can't be everywhere at once ^.^
Play (or have folks play) what you (they) love, build to your taste and even if your first X number of events have only a handful of people or even ONE person, give your all.
Good lucks
:D

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:13 am 

Someday, I would like to see events held during the US daytime which is some of Europes afternoon/early evening.

There is a slew of us bored housewifes....I mean people who stay home and manage things like laundry and uhhhh....stuff who would like to get out and meet people but not sure where to go other then the Coffee Shop and IDI.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:56 am 

seems very simple to me--i work in rl with clients all over the world. The best approach is to pace yourself and your events by parceling out to different time zones so that you can take advantage of waking hours for iwz members and amass a positive flow of traffic.

In your case and it this might be true of many businesses---a steady flow of traffic will better suit your business then a hit or miss approach.

Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next