InWorldz

Where your Dreams are our Vision!

It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:19 am | All times are UTC - 6 hours
 Page 1 of 12 [ 111 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Support, Newsletter, Grants and More!
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 10:51 am 
Admin

There's a whole ton of stuff going on behind the scenes right now, from personal stuff on my end that will affect support, to our newsletter, to an opportunity for InWorldz that will need our residents help, and finally some PhysX info!

For the personal part, Mai and I will be moving. 1 week from today, we'll actually be on the road to our new home, which means we're packing like mad. Between now and then, we'll be doing our normal morning routines of making sure support is handled and new regions are up, etc. Evenings we'll be very sparse as we get everything packed up and ready. Moving a family of 4 after 14 years, is a lot of trash let me tell you! During the 3 days we're traveling, June 4-6, we will only be handling emergency issues such as I'z issues, cashouts, past due regions, anything critical. We'll have internet again on the 6th, and then things will probably take about another week just to get them back to normal for support.

In another post, I mentioned that we have a logo for something called InRoadz. This logo was created for our newsletter that we'd like to start putting together. This means we need volunteers. Are you good at a particular area such as scripting or building? Have a good bead on merchants and the newest hottest stuff out there? Like doing interviews? We need people who are willing and able to put together articles once every 2 months about that's out there, what's happening. And someone who can organize it all and give it to us for final edit and sending. We'll also be wrapping into it the new offerings for our Cafe Press site and which charity will be getting the proceeds since we decided you guys had so many good ideas on charities, that we'd like to rotate them through the year. If you're interested in helping out, drop a notecard to me and we'll get you in the group and get things rolling!

Many of you are aware that InWorldz is a small business, and as such, one of our absolute biggest challenges is balancing funds with things that are needed for the grid. Paying out payroll, license fees, contractors, not the easiest thing to balance. Our bank, Chase, has an offering for small businesses and we're going to need YOUR help. They are offering 12 small businesses a $250k grant to help them grow. To do so, we have to fill out an application, then we need 250 votes from our customers. So we'll be bombarding Twitter, FB, and the site with the information when we've finished the application. I think we can all agree on there's lots of opportunity there for us to push growth more and more help for our grid with that type of help.

Ok, now for the most important part to a lot of you: PhysX. I'm not going to steal Tranq's thunder, but he's having way too much fun with it! Tranq will be putting up some demo's this week of the PhysX progress that's been made and we think you'll all be very happy to see where he's at with it.

Have a great week everyone!

A lot of us grow up and we grow out of the literal interpretation that we get when we're children, but we bear the scars all our life. Whether they're scars of beauty or scars of ugliness, it's pretty much in the eye of the beholder. - Stephen King

Post subject: Re: Support, Newsletter, Grants and More!
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 2:01 am 

:allgood:
Good luck on your move: remember moving house ranks highly on the life stressors scale and at least one valuable item must be sacrificed to the God of Relocations (or local removals scammers). To that end, here's a free moving planning service thingy http://www.onesimplemove.com/.

I've dropped a notecard in, if it didn't send over ok please let me know.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 4:52 am 

MOVING...OMG, not this girl...think I have had enough of that in lifetime...and besides, would take me a year to get all done around here.

Don't overdo and be careful, lift with your legs :whew: :whew: and after all is packed just stick it in one place and TP it right to the new house...Oh now that sounds good...

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 7:15 am 

Lots of good news!!! Good luck with moving.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 7:26 am 

ok this may sound silly......

But something a friend told me once and I have passed it on ever since after a time that I moved and didnt do it lol.

Make a care package....
With toilet paper, soap, wash clothes, towels. When you get to your new place that is the first box you take in and put it in the bathroom. Trust me you will be happy you did this silly care package when, well you need it :)

Be safe have a bit of fun and we will be here when you get back :)

PS let us know when to vote!

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 8:31 am 

Bec Jigsaw wrote:
Make a care package....

And, in the UK, another for the kitchen - kettle, teapot, tea, milk, sugar, cups and a teaspoon - oh, and cake...

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 11:45 am 

Elenia wrote:
In another post, I mentioned that we have a logo for something called InRoadz. This logo was created for our newsletter that we'd like to start putting together. This means we need volunteers.

Many of you are aware that InWorldz is a small business, and as such, one of our absolute biggest challenges is balancing funds with things that are needed for the grid. Paying out payroll, license fees, contractors, not the easiest thing to balance. Our bank, Chase, has an offering for small businesses and we're going to need YOUR help. They are offering 12 small businesses a $250k grant to help them grow. To do so, we have to fill out an application, then we need 250 votes from our customers. So we'll be bombarding Twitter, FB, and the site with the information when we've finished the application. I think we can all agree on there's lots of opportunity there for us to push growth more and more help for our grid with that type of help.

Ok, now for the most important part to a lot of you: PhysX. I'm not going to steal Tranq's thunder, but he's having way too much fun with it! Tranq will be putting up some demo's this week of the PhysX progress that's been made and we think you'll all be very happy to see where he's at with it.

So much cool stuff happening! I am loving the newsletter thing, the grant thing and the Physx thing!

How do we vote for InWorldz getting the grant?

Where can we chat more about the newsletter, I'm really excited about this and seeing the Physx demos.

Hey! Can we get involved in the demos? Why should Tranq have all the fun. :notfair:

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 12:22 pm 

Good luck on the move to your whole family…Hope you find some treasures in your home, hehe…they are always there!

Enjoy the road trip. Let us know about when you want the vote!

Oh yea..remember to breath….huggs tt :faint:

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 12:58 pm 

Good Luck with your move ALL of you! The most I did was 5 moves in 4 years but I was a good deal younger then:) It is a good time to clear out all the junk accumulated but a hard time, really hard time for you all.

Great news about your InRoadz - even better news about the opportunity given by Chase Bank - Oh yes! You will definitely get more than 250 votes!

Hehehe so we could see Tranq doing some fancy cartwheels going down the centre of the Iz Ocean :)))

It is all happening - wonderful news!
Take care and thinking of you and Mai Tai
:hug:

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 3:31 pm 

Ok, forgive me, I just gotta ask....Is this the same newsletter that was announced back in July of 2010?

http://inworldz.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2515&p=15119&hilit=newsletter#p15119

Page 1 of 12 [ 111 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next