InWorldz

Where your Dreams are our Vision!

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:56 pm | All times are UTC - 6 hours
 Page 1 of 2 [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Scenic Sim catalog...
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 5:54 pm 

Hi everyone. Since we got our scenic sim, We've been burying ourselves into creating the expansion to our medieval world. Most of the hard work is done, and now we are focusing on the endless tweaking phase of our project lol.

Anna and I got to wondering it might be nice to have everyone (that wishes to) post a link to their scenic sim here in the forum, so we could all visit and see what others are doing. It would make for some fun exploring, and an opportunity to learn from each other as well.

If your scenic sim is far enough along for visitors, and you wish to take part, please give us a short description and a link so we can all share.

Anorien, the third region of Parth Galen - sporting a hunting lodge, an old castle ruin (still under construction), and asecret cave for those romantic encounters. In time there will be many quiet corners to sit back and relax in.

secondlife://Anorien/22/75/28

BC

Last edited by BigCity on Fri May 18, 2012 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Scenic Sim catalog...
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 6:25 pm 

I have two set up so far still need a bit of tweaking but that's a ongoing thing and will be for as long as they exist.

They are mostly water for sailing but I do have a few things for decoration.

Rainbow Bay - Has a Pirate Bar on it with some nice BBQ on the smoker outside. Also has a Gypsy camp on a island, how they got there with their wagon I have no idea.

Rainbow Bay, Rainbow Bay (145, 150, 22) [Teleport]

Wet Cat Bay - I have a wine grape orchard and a winery on one of the islands, still planting things on this one.

Wet Cat Bay, Wet Cat Bay (61, 95, 23) [Teleport]

Anyone can rez on either one of the two full regions next door. Random Rosie has a large bay and a cutout on the scenic border with Wet Cat Bay. in Sin City you can rez anywhere or park your boat at the Sin City Yacht Club and Cathouse.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 6:44 pm 

We sure will when it is done! I would love to see some too.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 7:12 am 
Admin

Oh this is great, I think we'd all love to see what you guys are finding Scenics useful for! Goodness knows I've spent enough time being drowned in orders, so seeing them come to life would be fantastic :)

A lot of us grow up and we grow out of the literal interpretation that we get when we're children, but we bear the scars all our life. Whether they're scars of beauty or scars of ugliness, it's pretty much in the eye of the beholder. - Stephen King

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 7:50 am 

Rima is coming along. It started out to be sort of a Polynesian feel but has somehow evolved into some sort of jungly something and it is up to you to decide where in the world it is! Not much there yet to see- I shared a couple of pix earlier on the Album thread and wil add a link here tonight.

The name Rima, btw, is from the heroine of the 1950's movie, Green Mansions, based on a novel of the same name. So you see, the jungle aspect is quite fitting-

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 8:57 am 

Yay! This was just what I was wanting to keep me occupied exploring. More please!

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 12:06 pm 

Big City, a great idea and one I hope many will follow:

St. George Reef Lighthouse, located on St. George Reef, under construction for the last week or so. While many hours ahead to complete the water/scenery sim, St. George will be a place where folks can moor their boats, come aboard, and watch a video of the lighthouse being restored, read information about St. George Reef Lighthouse and what it took to build this fantastic man made aid to navigation. I actually spent some time on St. George Reef, while serving in the Coast Guard.

Other information will be provided as well, to explain the heroic actions men took to build lighthouses both here in the states as well as worldwide.

St. George Reef will become an educational region I hope everyone will enjoy.

http://places.inworldz.com/St.%20George ... 221/147/24

Last edited by TenBears Running on Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Purpose of Argument:
Should NOT be VICTORY
It should be: PROGRESS!

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 12:51 pm 

Do watch the video linked here. For an earlier method of creating virtual worlds circa. eighteenth century. Amazing!
http://metafret.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/what-country-friends-is-this.html

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 1:31 pm 

Aww Jazz, Thank you! :flowers:

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 11:44 am 

Here is Rima's address for any who would like to visit

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Rima/168/122/22

Page 1 of 2 [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next