InWorldz

Where your Dreams are our Vision!

It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:29 pm | All times are UTC - 6 hours
 Page 1 of 3 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: NO Copy / NO Mod - Please save my sanity
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:59 am 

ok I might not have much sanity left but here goes:

Ok so Im in the midst of setting up a rental region. Homes furnished for new ppl and gridhopers, bachelors and the like.

Now Im the type that likes to use other peoples creations that way giving exposure to them ... call me crazy but I do belive that helps, and hey its free for them right ...so you should think .. but ...

Now I went out to get some stuff for the homes yesterday (I dont normally buy furniture mainly landscape stuff but this gripe goes to them as well)

I needed some bathroom things, kitchens for 4 homes and beds for 11 homes. Now I do like nice quality so I do go for what I like and because I belive it will make the homes more appealing (and that is in essence my business right?)

I spend an hour .. seaching and looking around .... No Copy ... No Copy .. and dont even get me started on the pricing level ... Found some very nice beds (modern style for the 11 homes) ... over 6000 Iz!! :o and yes you guesed it ... NO Copy = 11 x 6000Iz *faints* ok Im NOT made of gold!
Now I do agree people should get paid and all that but are you kidding me here ???
So what is the deal.. you dont want the exposure that Estate owners can give you .... dont like the advertising ? what? Please do enlighten me!

Now I know for a fact that the landscape artists that I buy from (only those that carry copy stuff)get business their way cos people saw their stuff on some of my regions. How can that possibly be bad ?

So word of advice here .. stop the No Copy stuff (and do also consider making your stuff Mod if you dont have texture changing in your things) your doing yourself s HUGE disfavour ....

I wont tell you what I think of the pricing level .. but consider this fact .. I will buy more if you charge less.. more stuff bought .. more stuff out so ppl will see it .. connect the dots ppl ;)

Nutcase Duranie comming at ya -DUCK!

Post subject: Re: NO Copy / NO Mod - Please save my sanity
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:01 am 

:bravo:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:43 am 

:time:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:54 am 

I refuse to purchase no copy items not necessarily because of the price or whatever but because these grids have a tendency at times to eat things that are rezzed or are in inventory. If it's copy I'll always have a backup.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:19 am 

A round of Applause for lady ;)

:clap: :bravo: :clap: :bravo: :clap: :bravo: :clap:

There are quite a few places that do Mod/copy, ya have to search for them though & we found a lot that didnt cost the earth too ;)

Blog
Twitter
Facebook

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:22 am 

Everything I sell is MOD/COPY or Full Perm so can be fitted to needs or in multiple locations such as Lady's needs.I personally don't buy much cause I make everything,but if its not mod and copy then the seller won't get my money,and that is my 2 cents on the subject !

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:32 am 

Have to agree here, people are trying to sell things here at some totally extortionate prices. How about a no mod/no copy sandcastle for 600Iz?? :omg:

Get with it people, lots coming over here from other grid often do so because of the expense of said grid, they like the appeal of cheap lands - take one look at the price of items and realise many sellers here are charging the same $worth as in SL, or sometimes even more.. and they run a mile.

This is a growing grid - set your prices to attract users and they'll come and buy.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:24 am 

I will add my 2 iz worth as well. I am as most know, a shopoholic. I have, of late been looking at the perms as well.
My inventory is well over 30k, and I am hoping to reduce that too as time goes on. Having several rental sims as well, I would dearly love to be able to furnish some rental units, so began looking for copy/mod at the very least. Wow, Scarcities for sure. Thus, I have begun relying on requesting custom from those I know well, and who produce the quality I seek. I do pay when they allow and will pay as I shop thier stores now.
I do not mind paying for the rights to copy/mod at all, and do.
I have to also say, I have some very dear friends in here who attempt to gift me many of my requests, (they know who they are) and I heavily advertise for them, as well as sneak in purchases here and there from them.
Lady brought up a very salient point. A reduction in many of the exhorbitant items, results in far more sales, hence, higher profits. Just a thought here :-), it works the same out in the world as well. Custom work deserves custom pricing; everyday items, well, deserve everyday pricing in my opinion.

TIGGS

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:29 am 

I also live buy my motto,give ppl high quality at a price all can afford and top notch customer service and u will always keep and gain customers.
On the other point in this thread,yes I have seen and heard of way over the top prices,sellers need to price affordable,if not u don't sell and have a shop full of dust covered items.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:32 pm 

I agree with everything said here.

I set my scripts to No Mod/No Trans and the objects those scripts are in to No Trans. Let people set up the things to suit themselves. Different colours, resize for better fit, etc. but can't break the scripts and can't give away hundreds of copies for free.

Page 1 of 3 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next