InWorldz

Where your Dreams are our Vision!

It is currently Mon May 28, 2018 1:48 am | All times are UTC - 6 hours
 Page 2 of 2 [ 11 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Tube prim hole size inaccuracy
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:39 am 

Gromlok Landar wrote:
So I took a Cylinder prim, Made a B path Cut of .250 and a E path cut of .500 then I hollowed it out to 98.0%, seems I can't walk right up against the inside edge of the prim, looks like there's a binding box or phantom prim, almost looks like the hollow is still at 95%. Is that also what your referring to in your post gentleman ?

Pat

What you are seeing is the physical shape (used for physics calculations), which is stuck at max hollow 95%.
It is counter-intuitive, but the physical shape and the visible shape are two different things... and sometimes they don't have the same shape!

How it happened? When we do good coding, we declare all parametres once in an unique place, instead of sowing "magical numbers" everywhere in the code. So that, when we want to change them, the change is effective everywhere, and we don't forget to update it in remote places of the software.

Seems that the OS people who created the simulator code forgot this rule... They wrote separately the visible shape and the physical shape... and very probably they declared two times the same parameter "max hollow". But when they wanted to change from 95% to 99%, they forgot to also do the change in the physical shape.

Unfortunately Inworldz has to start with this code... which seems an infinite reserve of bugs like this one. I hope that now that the big things are coming to their end (vehicles, meshes), our developers have more time to address them.

"Shedrupling University" science
YichTrains Elven Works Lysaer Gortax Robots

Page 2 of 2 [ 11 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2