InWorldz

Where your Dreams are our Vision!

It is currently Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:47 pm | All times are UTC - 6 hours
 Page 2 of 2 [ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: LLREZOBJECT
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:16 pm 

I met Modee InWorldz and discussed this problem directly. While it is not really possible that this is a new problem, it is possible that older servers behaved slightly different such that it was not as obvious. For example, the older server may have automatically forced the cannonballs to start at the nearest valid x,y position for the region, which may have been "close enough" to make it seem like it is working. (This is the first possible option I described above, but with the server enforcing that option in all cases, not just cannons.)

I'm going to do some tests with servers from a year ago or older and see if the server-side behavior has changed.

Post subject: Re: LLREZOBJECT
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:45 am 

Jim Tarber wrote:
I'm going to do some tests with servers from a year ago or older and see if the server-side behavior has changed.
The oldest release I have saved is 0.9.7 R5380, which was made about this time one year ago (January 2015). It's currently running on the beta grid on InWorldz Beta 7 and Wizzyworkz regions (the last two at the eastern end of the chain of beta regions).

I have confirmed that in the cannon ball does not rez across the border in that version either, although it fails silently. If something has changed here, it would have been at least more than a year ago. What has changed is that the server has been fixed to allow the viewer session to see the script error when it fails to rez, so now we know it was failing to rez across the border.

Page 2 of 2 [ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2