InWorldz

Where your Dreams are our Vision!

It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:21 am | All times are UTC - 6 hours
 Page 1 of 3 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: InWorldz Halcyon Server 0.9.25
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 3:36 pm 

The previous update ended up being on a Friday and we've been focused on solving some specific bug reports for the next update, so we pushed it back a week in order to include those. The "code freeze" for the next update is scheduled for Tuesday night, with a full-grid rollout to all regions currently scheduled for overnight the following Tuesday, June 7 (into the morning of Wednesday June 8).

Because there are a couple of fixes for regression in earlier releases, we want to make the update with those possible fixes available as early as possible for confirmation testing. As a result, the beta grid and main grid InWorldz Sandbox 1 through 6 regions have already been updated with the larger of the fixes coming in the 0.9.25 release.

InWorldz Halcyon 0.9.25 R6002

Currently available on the beta grid and InWorldz Sandbox 1 through 6
:

• Fixed the regression reported by Logan and in Mantis #3213 by Chuck String: The initial appearance of bots was not showing correctly. Also fixed a second case where full updates for bots were not sent correctly (e.g. botChangeOutfit). From what I can tell, both of these problems were caused by failures of the Git/GitHub version control software we (and most of the world) use.

• Fixed a case-sensitivity issue with all users' name lookups. Because MySQL is case-insensitive, lookups of normal user profiles would be successful, but would bypass the user profile cache. This was making them slower than they needed to be, and adding unplanned load on the core database, although it was not problematic. It is possible that this had some other negative effects as well in terms of functionality reliability. This has been resolved, to be case-insensitive as intended, and thus take advantage of the user profile caching again for improved performance. The case-sensitivity of the user lookups also caused bot-related name lookups to completely fail if they were not specified in the same case as the bot was created with. So these fixes also resolves Mantis #3215 (also reported by Chuck, thanks Chuck!).

• Fix a regression in llGiveInventory and the other Link and List variants that added unwanted new delays when the delivery was directed to an object. Fixes the problem reported by Logan in the forum here.

• Fixed some race conditions related to removing bots. Fixed two cases of null reference exceptions if botRemoveBot is called at the wrong time. Also tightened the lock on removing bots to avoid another possible race condition on removal. This change should hopefully fix the reproducible region crashes reported by Logan (again, thanks Logan!) here.

• Provides an SL-compatible llDetectedGrab() implementation for InWorldz. (The ObjectData.GrabOffsetInitial field coming from the viewer was always 0,0,0 and yet llDetectedGrab works in SL without it. Looks like a protocol design feature never implemented, or broken in the viewer and never fixed. We now do what I'm assuming SL developers had to do; store the initial grab position on the ObjectGrab packet and use the saved one from there on ObjectGrabUpdate to calculate the relative grab vector at llDetectedGrab-time.) Resolves Mantis #2544 reported by Vinhold Starbrook of Gospel World.

• Added a new InWorldz-specific constant for llGetObjectDetails and iwGetAgentList, named IW_OBJECT_SCRIPT_MEMORY_USED. It functions like the OBJECT_SCRIPT_MEMORY constant, but instead of assuming each script is using the maximum amount of memory, it instead reports the actual memory usage of the scripts. The behavior of OBJECT_SCRIPT_MEMORY could have been changed to support this, but that would have been different than the SL implementation and could have broken scripts imported from Second Life, if they were coded to assume SL behavior, so a new constant is provided instead. Also, a new InWorldz specific constant was added because the existing OBJECT_SCRIPT_MEMORY request will return twice the value it normally would report in SL, because script memory here is 128K instead of 64K as in SL.

Last edited by Jim Tarber on Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:35 am, edited 6 times in total.

Post subject: Re: InWorldz Halcyon Server 0.9.25
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 11:31 pm 

The main grid InWorldz Sandbox 1 through 6 regions are now update with two additional fixes (and the first message above also updated). The beta grid has also been updated.

The new update adds the fix for name lookups (both user and bots) described above (Mantis #3215), as well as the implementation of llDetectedGrab (Mantis #2544).

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 9:59 pm 

I'm dead tired and if this is silly please forgive and go with the idea.

When you copy a script into another prim it's passed in a non-running condition unless you use that complex pin thing or take the object into inventory, rerez, edit and set script to running (what a pain!). I understand why and agree with the concept to prevent asshats from dropping evil running scripts into your object. Its a good idea BUT...BUT.....

Perhaps the new iw command that does prim inventory copying could contain a check that if the thing copied is a script it could pop up an object-owner permission requestor "Pass running scripts"? I think this would be safe. If you are the object owner it asks you if scripts may be passed running. If you aren't sure about the script say "No". It could even pop up a 2nd "Are you VERY SURE"?

Just a thought.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 11:32 pm 

Quick disclaimer: None of this is related to the 0.9.25 release but I'll give a quick answer here. For any further ongoing discussion, this should probably be an enhancement suggestion ("Feature") in the Mantis, or you can IM or PM me privately if you just want some feedback on it. With that out of the way, the quick answer:

There is one exception to the passing scripts in a running state: iwRezPrim creates a new prim with a running script in it from your current inventory.
key iwRezPrim(list primParams, list particleSystem, list inventoryList, vector pos, vector vel, rotation rot, integer param)
This is a kind of combo function that takes a few others (like llRezObject, llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast, llParticleSystem, and llGiveInventoryList) and rolls them all into one function that creates a prim, initializes it's appearance, gives it inventory and starts the scripts in it.

This is safe to start the scripts because it's not injecting running scripts into an object somewhere, it's a new object that this function is creating in the same function that starts the script(s). This may be the most powerful function in InWorldz' LSL script library, so use it with lots of respect and care. :geek:

That said, I don't know if this will satisfy the need above because it can only be used with new objects the function is creating as part of the same call. However, if you're copying script contents into a new object, if you use this function to also create that new object, then it would be ideal.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 1:18 am 

I've updated the first message in this thread to include all of the fixes available so far. The beta grid and the main grid sandboxes have been updated with all of the fixes for the unintended scripted inventory delivery delays and bot-related region crashes. See the first message for more details.

If testing goes well over the next week, this update will be deployed to all regions next Tuesday, June 7.

There is a (potentially large) fix coming still for the ownership transfer problem Manwa reported earlier today. Trying to get that fixed before tomorrow night's code freeze for this 0.9.25 release.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:59 am 

I've tracked down the bug Manwa reported here, and it's serious enough that I want to get a fix into the 0.9.25 release coming next week.

Since we code-freeze a week before rollout in order to get sufficient soak test time, I'm going to delay tonight's code-freeze until this is fixed (hopefully tomorrow) and that means the grid rollout release shifts as well. So I'm going to reschedule the full-grid release that was planned for next Tuesday night until the following Wednesday or Thursday night, depending on how fast I can get a fix in and tested.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:14 pm 

That fix for the problem mentioned in the previous two messages was committed last night and a new release candidate update 0.9.25 R5997 was built. Early this morning, the beta grid and the main grid InWorldz Sandbox 1 to 6 regions were updated.

If all goes well with that version, it will be deployed to all regions next week.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:57 am 

The InWorldz Desert Isle (IDI) welcome region, Virtual Beginnings, I'z Straits and Ocean regions, and many other InWorldz sponsored regions such as the Events regions should all be updated now.

This is in preparation for a Thursday night update to all regions.

We're not aware of any new issues with this update so please report anything you find with this upgrade, here in this thread. Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:16 pm 

Thanks Jim,

tested this at sandbox 6, INFO = llGetObjectDetails(AVATAR,[OBJECT_TOTAL_SCRIPT_COUNT,OBJECT_SCRIPT_TIME,IW_OBJECT_SCRIPT_MEMORY_USED,OBJECT_RUNNING_SCRIPT_COUNT]);

script error :Undefined symbol 'IW_OBJECT_SCRIPT_MEMORY_USED

also what is this function? llGetAgentDetails

eyes out of socket looking at this :)

Marteen D.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:30 pm 

First, thank you for testing that on the main grid. Yes the compiler is definitely missing the constant; I'm investigating how that happened. I think I just forgot a step and I probably just need to rebuild the release candidate again. So for now you can't use that IW_OBJECT_SCRIPT_MEMORY_USED constant (yet); I'll post an update here when it's resolved but I think I'll need to put another update on Sandbox regions.

Page 1 of 3 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next