InWorldz

Where your Dreams are our Vision!

It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:26 am | All times are UTC - 6 hours
 Page 2 of 4 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: InWorldz Halcyon Server 0.9.23
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:29 am 

All Straits and Oceans should now be running this release candidate version (as well as InWorldz Sandbox 1 through 6).

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:58 am 

The full grid rollout to all regions will begin shortly.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:00 am 

The rollout has completed. All regions should now be running 0.9.23 R5942.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:18 pm 

and.....she breaks her vacation due to a problem.

Bot rezzing is failing badly on Moon Island, Notos and the sandboxes. Messages about missing outfit and names already in use. The outfits are (supposingly) being created off the avatar and those names are NOT in use! When a bot does (very rarely) does rez it shows up as present (according to the stand) but is nowhere in the area for a long long time. Then it appears many minutes later.

It's not just me. Tori Jules couldn't do it either. Also she could not see the bots I created but I could. I could not see the bots she created but she could. The suddenly LOTS of bots popped in and we both could see them. I would guess they are rezzing at 0,0,0 and not moving into position but that's just a guess based on the fact that when a bot can't rez due to not enough free prims I find pieces of it at 0,0,0. Only a guess.

I thought it may just be Blapein's Botstand getting borked but my own bot tipjar that I wrote did the same thing.

Maybe Moon Island, Notos and the sandboxes need a reboot or this last update is botborked. I don't know.

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

I found a clue. After creating a bot I did an area search. The showed as 3 meters away and when I moved it appeared. Futher testing showed this to be a pattern. Create a bot and it's "there" but invisible and on top of me. Walk away and it appears on the stand instantly.

* goes back on vacation*

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:31 pm 

My bots on 2 regions all returned automatically after the rollout and resumed their locations. I use Botmaker Pro.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:21 am 

I do confirm also the same issue when working whit bots. They are created but it seem not on the location I entered into the function. Even after making them sit on the pose stand they will not move from there initial position until i move my camera. This all started just after the roll-out.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:16 pm 

Logan's update sounds like the bot problem may be a lack of position update being sent to the viewer, or a change in the ordering of those updates. I don't think we changed anything in that area, so it's a bit strange, but it's something we can look into.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:18 pm 

We also have reports that buttons on dialogs don't work (no response after pressing button dialogs) if you are more than chat range (30m in InWorldz) from the source object giving you the dialog. We've identified that problem and are working on a fix. In the meantime, if you find a dialog isn't working and you're more than 30m from the object, move closer as a temporary workaround. Hopefully we'll have a new fix coded for that very soon (probably overnight tonight).

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:05 pm 

Jim Tarber wrote:
We also have reports that buttons on dialogs don't work (no response after pressing button dialogs) if you are more than chat range (30m in InWorldz) from the source object giving you the dialog. We've identified that problem and are working on a fix. In the meantime, if you find a dialog isn't working and you're more than 30m from the object, move closer as a temporary workaround. Hopefully we'll have a new fix coded for that very soon (probably overnight tonight).
This problem has been identified and fixed. Since this was a significant regression in this update, we'll be doing an quick update rollout overnight tonight to address it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:09 pm 

InWorldz Sandbox 1 - 6 have been updated with this fix (R5955) and are available if anyone wants to test objects that had problems with Wednesday's version. We'll also be updating a couple of the regions managed by the people reporting the issue.

All other regions will get the update overnight tonight, starting about 10pm IW time and lasting about 9-10 hours to reach all regions.

Page 2 of 4 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next