InWorldz

Where your Dreams are our Vision!

It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:27 am | All times are UTC - 6 hours
 Page 5 of 6 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: InWorldz Halcyon 0.9.20 R5855
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:40 pm 

Ok strange things are happening.... Rezzing my ship it starts hovering 10m high. The I hit moor and it flips over and plays dead.. Come on guys

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:43 pm 

These are not common issues that I see, Romeo.
Since the update and switching viewers, my experiences are pretty constant and smooth, with some flukes every now and then.

So it might be related to either time, or location, or both.

I think the dev's can help you better if you tell them which sim and hopefully approximately what time?

Maybe even name of the boat/object?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:28 pm 

Benski, we're already working with copies of the boat in Mantis #3150. The Mantis thread has more info. I already have copies of the boat in question, but not the specific instance of the boat being reported.

I cannot reproduce any such issues even with the boats directly from Romeo's inventory. Either there's a specific condition not reported yet, or a combination of more random events that leads to this result. As the script itself does non-trivial rotation calculations and operations on a moor command, it seems very much like this is a problem with the calculations in the script. Also the problem was reported on the afternoon of New Year's Eve, which was even before the previous grid upgrade. I don't think the issues reported are related in any way to the changes in the upgrade.

Romeo, let's continue to discuss this in the Mantis report where more info is.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:31 am 

Tamara Redenblack wrote:
I've got something really strange going on, was working on a product for a customer who had problems with a product I've been selling for a few years without any problems. All of a sudden the script and anim were puttin her upside down. I'd managed to fix that but came accross a problem while testing it more. The one that was in the product was an amestyst pose script. I've changed the script inside to another rlv script and a non rlv basic poseball script, but all do the same now. If I just sit like normal, it doesn't play the anim inside, it will do a sit on the object like would happen if there was no anim & script in something. But if I edit the object first, then do a sit, it plays the anim inside like it always has.

It doesn't do it first time(s), it just stops recognising the anim it seems. Sometimes it works once, sometimes 5 times, but when testing more, I just sit on the object without the anim playing. If I reset the scripts inside it will work once or twice, then go back to no anim sits.
I've made the root prim cover the entire product, so I was for sure clicking on the right place.
It does the same for a normal poseball script.
It seems to work when setting the object to sit on touch, but hit and miss on touch/grab on touch and clicking and choosing sit in the menu.
I have tested it on 2 different sims that are far away from each other.
These scripts have always worked before, but they seem borked now.

It's still doing this today, I was hoping yesterday was just a bad internet day or something. I have noticed not all child prims when clicked on play the anim. The script and anim is in the root prim. Other child prims play the anim when clicked on.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:27 am 

Jim Tarber wrote:
Benski, we're already working with copies of the boat in Mantis #3150. The Mantis thread has more info. I already have copies of the boat in question, but not the specific instance of the boat being reported.

I cannot reproduce any such issues even with the boats directly from Romeo's inventory. Either there's a specific condition not reported yet, or a combination of more random events that leads to this result. As the script itself does non-trivial rotation calculations and operations on a moor command, it seems very much like this is a problem with the calculations in the script. Also the problem was reported on the afternoon of New Year's Eve, which was even before the previous grid upgrade. I don't think the issues reported are related in any way to the changes in the upgrade.

Romeo, let's continue to discuss this in the Mantis report where more info is.

I tried to look at this Mantis but it seems private as I had "access denied".
So now way to know if this boat is physical or not and which script type it is using.

Reminder: Bwind script has been ported/adapted to IW by myself and Balpien already in 2013, with SL creator Becca Mouillez official authorization, and is provided as a free open source kit, with no script support, by Tenbears Running. Any other version of Bwind imported to IW does not have changes documented in kit and might give problems. I also added the dynamic camera code it was missing.

Just saying in case this is script used in boat as anyone can come get a copy at Scrimshaw and use it "as is" and tested.

This is header any Bwind script should contain. If not it's a version not respecting the original creator.

// --------------------------------------------------------
// SAILING SCRIPT VERSION 1-37 BBK EDITION
// IW Variant R3793 - 2013
// --------------------------------------------------------
// BWind Sailing Engine Release 1-37
// by Becca Moulliez - RELEASE June 2010 - GNU/GPL
// Modified R3793 for InWorldz Grid - Octobre 2013 - By Balpien Hammerer & Judy Dressler
// **************************************************************************************
//

All mods I made are prefixed in code and documented such as in:
//IW - Judy Dressler - Dynamic Camera
// CAMERA DECLARATIONS

I do of course understand the private access and no show if this script is a proprietary one and not open source.

Bwind it's not only boat script that was imported/adapted (authorized or not) to IW or even genuinely created here from scratch. Many non physical exist also such as those of Kayaker Magic.

So to resume, whatever you find as a fundamental change in boat scripts to do after many server releases will interest many creators/scripters, including myself to update the free Bwind Kit if needed.

TY for feedback on this if issue has wider scope than private script you look at.

Last edited by Judy Dressler on Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:14 am 

Not related to boats, or this release, but did enter a private Mantis to document the remaining issue on crossing for air physical vehicles.

See: "0003158: Air vehicles using buoyancy to control altitude in a timer get bounced up at sim crossings".

So it does not get forgotten and is documented with a code example.
Issue already well identified by you Jim.

TY!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:09 pm 

Judy Dressler wrote:
So to resume, whatever you find as a fundamental change in boat scripts to do after many server releases will interest many creators/scripters, including myself to update the free Bwind Kit if needed.

TY for feedback on this if issue has wider scope than private script you look at.
I'm not sure why that Mantis is private but I will respect the reporter's choice here and leave it that way. The problem reported is that when the moor command is given, the boat rotates to face a completely different rotation. An update says that sometimes it is even upside-down. It is not a BWind script. There is no "fundamental change" that I am aware of.

I don't want to continue the discussion of a private Mantis report in this release thread, especially considering the problem was reported well before this release, so it is unrelated. This is a private issue with his script unless Romeo wants to post the script in the Scripting Help forum (for additional help from other scripters).

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:12 pm 

Also I'd rather you avoid distracting a release discussion by bringing up reminders of outstanding Mantis issues that are unrelated to the release when we post an update that does not include a change for the issue. This will not influence the prioritization; we have much more serious issues to deal with before we can get to that one.

Post subject: Re: InWorldz Halcyon 0.9.20 R5868
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:27 am 

We have two additional fixes for this 0.9.20 update that are being included in an unscheduled update overnight tonight (Monday Jan 25).

• [R5868]: One of the recent updates caused llRegionSayTo messages to be heard by everyone in the region, contrary to the "SayTo" part of the name. (This can potentially reveal information that was not intended for all, such as tip jars reporting the user and amount to everyone rather than just the DJ or host, etc.) This update restores the correct behavior of sending the message only to the specified recipient.

• [R5868]: We have a possible fix for a region crash in the physics code handling collisions with objects being deleted. (This crash was seen on the Mare Volcani region about a week ago.)

This update is being applied to the InWorldz Sandbox 1-6 regions at this moment, and unless a problem is found, it will be applied to all regions tonight.

Post subject: Re: InWorldz Halcyon 0.9.20 R5868
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:37 am 

No more shouting event boards? Yaayy

:D

Page 5 of 6 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next