InWorldz

Where your Dreams are our Vision!

It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:20 am | All times are UTC - 6 hours
 Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Sandbox issues?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:22 am 

went to the Sandbox today (and last night), and i can build/create but it wont let me rez anything from my inventory...never had this happen before...don't think there is anything wrong on my side but i don't know why i can't rez items from inventory...Help!

Post subject: Re: Sandbox issues?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:30 am 

This problem is already discussed in another thread: http://inworldz.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=21651&start=0

"Shedrupling University" science
YichTrains Elven Works Lysaer Gortax Robots

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:41 am 

Yichard wrote:
This problem is already discussed in another thread: http://inworldz.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=21651&start=0

tyvm Yichard...read that thread and still don't understand why it's not working or when it's planned to be corrected :/

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:54 am 

We're seeing several reports of issues on other regions affecting other things, and Yichard's report of the same kinds of issues on non-upgraded regions pretty much confirms it's something more than just the server upgrades on the Sandbox regions.

We're investigating the rezzing problems on the Sandboxes and other regions, but it may be related to some problems at Rackspace. I don't think the connectivity issues affect us as they are in a different data center, but the ongoing Cloud Files issues almost certainly do.

However, I'm going to take a closer look at the Sandbox and other regions and see if it's reproducible and what the server logs look like, etc. I'll post an update when I know more.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:58 am 

Jim Tarber wrote:
We're seeing several reports of issues on other regions affecting other things, and Yichard's report of the same kinds of issues on non-upgraded regions pretty much confirms it's something more than just the server upgrades on the Sandbox regions.

We're investigating the rezzing problems on the Sandboxes and other regions, but it may be related to some problems at Rackspace. I don't think the connectivity issues affect us as they are in a different data center, but the ongoing Cloud Files issues almost certainly do.

However, I'm going to take a closer look at the Sandbox and other regions and see if it's reproducible and what the server logs look like, etc. I'll post an update when I know more.

Thanks for the update and clarification Jim

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:15 pm 

Okay it may be the sandbox updates. I'm not having a problem rezzing on my home region but it is failing in the Sandbox. There were configuration changes made as part of the Sandbox updates so problem this may be unrelated to the Rackspace issues. I'm checking configuration settings now.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:11 pm 

Jim Tarber wrote:

I said that I was NOT observing this on the sandbox plus.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:27 pm 

Yichard wrote:
Jim Tarber wrote:
I said that I was NOT observing this on the sandbox plus.
Oops, I must have misread that. But in this case that is good news because it means things are completely consistent. And I have the same issue on another region of mine which also got the same reconfiguration last night. Tracking down the significant change to a configuration file now.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:15 pm 

The configuration problem on the InWorldz Sandbox regions has been resolved. All regions have been restarted.

The problem was not related to the code changes, but indirectly related to the name change of the server software to Halcyon. All configuration files have been updated and we are good to go. Sorry for any inconvenience while it had the configuration error.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:51 pm 

ok, Jim, thanks

I ran my big train in the sandbox, and it worked well

just that there is no sound at all... I restarted my puter and asked to other people... they don't hear any

ok, it is less urgent than being unable to rezz :-)

Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next