InWorldz

Where your Dreams are our Vision!

It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:19 am | All times are UTC - 6 hours
 Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Server Maintenance
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:36 pm 
Admin

Judy, we are not touching the regions, this is server side maintenance that is being done to the actual servers, NOT the regions. All the suggestions you're making would have to be done in world, when one of us have the time to do so. And adding Object Creation back on will only open them back up to griefing, we've left it so they can still use their attached vehicles for the time being, I am not sure we're up for opening them up again for the clean up we last had to do which wasted an entire day of my work day.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:54 pm 

Elenia wrote:
Judy, we are not touching the regions, this is server side maintenance that is being done to the actual servers, NOT the regions. All the suggestions you're making would have to be done in world, when one of us have the time to do so. And adding Object Creation back on will only open them back up to griefing, we've left it so they can still use their attached vehicles for the time being, I am not sure we're up for opening them up again for the clean up we last had to do which wasted an entire day of my work day.

One of these days when this mantis is implemented, it will be much easier to manage:
http://inworldz.com/mantis/view.php?id=1179

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:26 pm 

I see in your region list that Taste of Italy and Elektra are still shown under their previous names i.e. Collective Victorian and Collective Project..
Is there a reason for the change not taken into account?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:42 am 

Elenia wrote:
.... All the suggestions you're making would have to be done in world, when one of us have the time to do so. .... .

Ele,

I have done so many suggestions so many times since 22 months, by notecards to the three of you ( rezz zones, continents urbanism plan, mainland changes, oceans floors, etc.. ). To only fall on deaf hears, in trashbin, or total silence. I'm done with them.

Never said any of those above had to be done asap but maybe added into a grid PLAN for the future.

Let it be. All this comes last after getting new residents.

Sorry for being confused with regions restarts and servers that support them. For a moment I thought IW owned regions could be touched at same time.

Griefers or not, SL has marked rezz zones ( buoys ) in oceans for the sailors.
Griefing never originated from those small areas but directly at airports mainly.

Thanks Balp for Mantis link.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:18 am 
Admin

No, there's no flags for us on the server side, it's all just matrixy looking with lots of consoles. All we're doing is OS updates on each of the boxes, which is highly needed at this point, otherwise servers just start doing that restart thing on their own, and we don't really want that.

And due to the length of time each one is going to be down, we post it here for everyone to know.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:54 am 

Has the maintenance started for today?

Thanks!
Taika

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:06 am 
Admin

Yes and no. I'm doing one of the servers for the Event Scenics, and writing out the instructions for Legion and Mai at the same time.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:53 am 

Should I be alarmed that Seda is still down? It was scheduled for server maintenance yesterday.

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2