InWorldz

Where your Dreams are our Vision!

It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:28 am | All times are UTC - 6 hours
 Page 25 of 26 [ 255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mesh, clothing deformer, LSL Vehicle Physics
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:43 am 

Rain wrote:

The market place question I was thinking people wanted to buy from there to hurry up and fix up their Avie before they checked out the grid...
then someone said people are coming over to see if we have it so they can just use it for their products that they don't really want to be here........that never crossed my mind (as always) now I am believing they are right....
but honestly I personally don't have a problem with that.... just means more for us to see whats out there) again these are only my opinions only from experience talking to others...

I don't have a problem with that, either, as long as it means I can get some awesome stuff :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:36 pm 

Those who wish only to list products on the marketplace will still be a benefit to InWorldz. They may not do quite as well in sales as someone with a store and a presence in the community, as there is still a lot of word-of-mouth in InWorldz, but nevertheless it adds to the content available and if their quality is good and/or they have a large collection of items, they may do well in InWorldz too. We all do well when more users contribute, so I think each item and each content creator, large or small, marketplace-only or in-world, is another positive addition to this grid.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:30 pm 

Mike Chase wrote:
sChen. I can imagine uses for this but I'm curious what specifically you'd do with it...

There was a tool like that in SL... Where you could sort of pose a character and it spit out a bvh animation for you by feeding data to an external site. Never did figure out how they did it. But it was intriguing. You couldn't do it real time but the idea was cool.

So curious what you'd use something like that for?

oh theres a lot options hehe
beginn by animals or machines to things like full controled flexiprims made by mesh
the options are just limited by the idears by users hehe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:32 pm 

Yichard wrote:
A really good scripter can do this. Although, I guess it would work better if it was coded in the simulator instead. A script doing that fast enough would lag the sim, while characters doing the sam thing are not a problem.

Uses are many: robots, animals, etc.

and it is more easy to do, i can deform a mesh object and not need 20 objects for it

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:22 pm 

Jim Tarber wrote:
Those who wish only to list products on the marketplace will still be a benefit to InWorldz. They may not do quite as well in sales as someone with a store and a presence in the community, as there is still a lot of word-of-mouth in InWorldz, but nevertheless it adds to the content available and if their quality is good and/or they have a large collection of items, they may do well in InWorldz too. We all do well when more users contribute, so I think each item and each content creator, large or small, marketplace-only or in-world, is another positive addition to this grid.

... and customer service ... I recommend those that are present enough to answer requests for product support ... if I have an issue with a product and I take the time to contact them, let them know something is broken or gaffed or that I may have messed something up - and they can't be arsed to try to make it right or help me understand what I may have done wrong ... I can't be arsed to give them any more of my hard-earned I'z ... nor can I be arsed to send any further business their way in the form of my friends and acquaintances.

The Almighty tells me he can get me out of this mess, but he's pretty sure you're sporked.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:46 pm 

schen wrote:
Yichard wrote:
A really good scripter can do this. Although, I guess it would work better if it was coded in the simulator instead. A script doing that fast enough would lag the sim, while characters doing the sam thing are not a problem.

Uses are many: robots, animals, etc.

and it is more easy to do, i can deform a mesh object and not need 20 objects for it

Sorry, I read wrongly your post, I meant deforming 20 mesh objects. Today it is impossible to deform a single mesh by script. We need new LSL functions for this.
The scripting I was referring to was moving individual mesh objects, like moving the forearm relative to a moving arm. This can be done by script, but it would be laggy or unable to render properly fast movements.

For info, deforming a mesh was possible in VRML since about 1995, and I did sprite wings in this way, deforming a single mesh vertice per vertice. That worked well, even if the VRML renderer used the same slow engine that the SL/inworldz is still using.

"Shedrupling University" science
YichTrains Elven Works Lysaer Gortax Robots

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:41 am 

It has been brought to my attention that my previous post in this thread (quoted below) was perceived as "hostile". I'm going to address this publicly in the event that others also missed the point I was trying to make.

My post was in addition to Jim's positive assertions (that's why I quoted him - for focused continuity). Be that as it may, there was obviously a disconnect, in the mind of at least one reader, between the context of Jim's comments and my own. Though, at times, some of what I say has been taken out of context few of those that read this forum regularly have misunderstood me so radically. I will allow that in my attempt to be succinct, I may have been too perfunctory. Whatever the cause, my message was obviously not received in the way intended (to some readers). I will rephrase for clarity. After I've done so, I will move on, having corrected that perception (or not).

I will preface by saying I am (was raised to be) a strong woman with definitive opinions and I have very little compunction to stifle those traits. Long years in the work force and in the military have only strengthened the -arguable- benefit of being what and who I am [a strong woman who has a sense of direction and purpose in the workforce and social circles].

(brief tangent - my real life husband just walked by, read this over my shoulder and said if I change he will file for divorce).

In this case the subject is merchandising and consumerism. As a virtual consumer I, deservedly, insist on being served (at the very least) adequately. My sense of self-worth, my assertiveness and my former career training in "The Customer"(tm) [which my patrons know I apply, gladly, to any product I have on offer - whether it 'should' fall into the category of "as is" or not] gives me a greater awareness, not just as a merchant. I.E. I don't have to give my money away to anyone (especially) if I know they're not going to follow "Best Practices in Merchant Services" (or at least have a productive service attitude. Grubbing for money and running to the bank, leaving a void in one's wake is not only objectionable it is distasteful and, in some instances in the real world, actually illegal). Some merchants I have spoken with openly say they are "an absentee merchant" on the InWorldz grid and heavily insinuate that providing customer service isn't on their list of priorities (for some it isn't even on their radar). As a seller it's my opinion they should be embarrassed and ashamed to make such an admission.

By happenstance, this subject (and my previous comments) come on the heels of a protracted attempt to contact a merchant in InWorldz - who I know sells on multiple grids - from whom I purchased a VERY expensive (for me) item that no longer suits my needs (I will say, this isn't the merchant's fault, nor is it mine. It is a permissions and prim-state issue I cannot resolve but which they easily could - but my request for five minutes of customer service have gone unanswered for several weeks/months). They obviously do not perceive customer service or "word-of-mouth" advertising worthy of any effort or notice .. therefore (note I have not mentioned that merchant's name) they simply get no (further) recommendation from me. For that reason (and others), once I have formed and posted my correction; if my comments are still perceived as hostility so be it.

LaryaBlackheart wrote:
... and customer service ... I recommend those that are present enough to answer requests for product support ... if I have an issue with a product and I take the time to contact them, let them know something is broken or gaffed or that I may have messed something up - and they can't be arsed to try to make it right or help me understand what I may have done wrong ... I can't be arsed to give them any more of my hard-earned I'z ... nor can I be arsed to send any further business their way in the form of my friends and acquaintances.

EDITED - for Clarity and context:
Lest we forget ... and (the importance of) customer service ... I will make a merchant recommendation for those that have enough presence on this grid to (at least) answer requests for product support (but "I'm not chasing all over ten virtual worlds to find that merchant to beg for assistance, hat-in-hand."

IF I have an issue with a product I payed for and I take the time and make the effort to write up a notecard and/or send an IM to contact the seller to inform them that either something is broken or gaffed or that I may even have messed something up myself or even that I need a slight change to the item, which I'm willing to pay a reasonable sum for - and determining which way to go often takes a bit of communication with the creator of said product and the purchaser); IF they can't be arsed to try to make it right or help me understand what I may have done wrong, or at least answer my message with a polite reply to let me know they received my attempt to contact them ... then I can't be arsed to give them any more of my hard-earned I'z ... nor can I be arsed to send any further business their way in the form of recommendations to my friends and acquaintances.

In closing -
I do not believe there was hostility in the original comment, nor in my correction. I made no threats to give bad reviews to any potential seller; either public or private. The same comments have been made before, by myself and by others, on these very same forums (without accusations or perception of hostility). There is no hostility (a smattering of indignation, perhaps, but certainly not hostility) in making a complex assertion (with the explanation of "why" the assertion is made - which any reading merchant deserves to see) that if said merchant is actually absentee (i.e. has no intention of providing a common courtesy in the form of making and keeping their customers satisfied in continuance of the original transaction), they won't be getting repeat business or recommendations from me (the common courtesy I provide as a result of being a satisfied customer).

The Almighty tells me he can get me out of this mess, but he's pretty sure you're sporked.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:01 am 

I totally agree 100% with what u said Larya and didnt find it to be 'hostile' at all, assertive perhaps but not hostile.

I have also come across a few of those merchants both here and in other grids, which, like u i no longer buy from. A few moments is all it takes to resolve most issues which in hand makes the customer happy and more likely to buy from there again. :tup:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:30 am 

Having a good marketplace is essential, whatever purpose it fulfills for the individual. It boosts the economy and brings attention to the world as well as its merchants and products. I have no doubt that lots of people have found Second Life through Google searches that included results on their marketplace, and I want InWorldz to have that marketing too.

It's also my belief that the choice of how to buy should rest with the customer. Despite the fact that I will charge nothing for in-world sales, the use of the service as a catalog is something I consider just as important, and am giving the same priority in the design. A customer that can choose to buy online OR quickly go to a product in a store, is a happy customer, and that's good for all of us.

Yes, some merchants will just run an online store, and hardly be here, but as a customer myself I am glad to have the option to buy their products at all. Having said that, I will make sure they know how little it costs to rent a store here, and how that would stop them losing a bunch of customers. Some of those merchants have started building here already, because it's faster, easier and cheaper. Renting a store, and perhaps a home, will follow in time for many of them.

I'm also planning a customer support system to help manage communications, provide better customer services, and build customer relationships.

People very rarely give us the whole picture, and all of them are capable of changing their minds, so there's not much mileage in guessing their intentions. Give them choices instead, backed by our amazing grid and community, and they will see the benefits for themselves.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 9:15 pm 

:beatcomp: A really good scripter can do this. Although, please click here

บอลออนไลน์
online baccarat

Page 25 of 26 [ 255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next