InWorldz

Where your Dreams are our Vision!

It is currently Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:51 pm | All times are UTC - 6 hours
 Page 5 of 5 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: Problems after 0.9.29.6136 roll-out
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:55 pm 

AstoriaL wrote:
I will check the sim numbers. Looks like that is currently 31-32 fps. with physics fluctuating between low 50s - low 60s
That's ideal for the SimFPS numbers, a bit low for physics, but better than I'd expect given the other problems on that host at the moment. So you already have good region sim FPS, and should have good physics FPS as well once we sort that out and/or move some regions to lighter machines.
AstoriaL wrote:
I just discovered bot has crashed into the ice again so there must have been some physics event at some point since this morning. As long as it is not after a restart she will stand and then sit again correctly.
Thanks for the screenshot; I wasn't aware that the "physics event" and "bot crash" referred to the bot falling through the ice. :-D

So when that happens, the problem symptom is that the bot won't stand? Or it will stand but won't sit again? And is that the same bot standing and sitting, or a new one rezzed that then sits? Even a new one can't sit, or can? Can your (real) avatar sit on the ball when the bot can't? And what does "can't sit" really mean here: that the bot does not move to the ball at all, or that it does successfully sit on the ball but it ends up at the middle, not animated?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:29 pm 

Jim Tarber wrote:
AstoriaL wrote:
I just discovered bot has crashed into the ice again so there must have been some physics event at some point since this morning. As long as it is not after a restart she will stand and then sit again correctly.
Thanks for the screenshot; I wasn't aware that the "physics event" and "bot crash" referred to the bot falling through the ice. :-D

So when that happens, the problem symptom is that the bot won't stand? Or it will stand but won't sit again? And is that the same bot standing and sitting, or a new one rezzed that then sits? Even a new one can't sit, or can? Can your (real) avatar sit on the ball when the bot can't? And what does "can't sit" really mean here: that the bot does not move to the ball at all, or that it does successfully sit on the ball but it ends up at the middle, not animated?

Haha! She is still sitting on the tour ball trying to skate. It's those "guided tour company" skate tours, the poseballs for them use physics so when physX takes a nosedive, someone on a ball will go crashing off course and into the ground/snowbank. To fix the problem shown I have to go there, make the bot stand and then sit her on a new tour pose... which still works except since the last release, after a restart I now have to recreate the bot entirely or the animations don't start correctly when she sits.

When the tours were sold in late 2014 there were a lot of issues at first. At Winterfest (2014) when a lot of people were there for a skate party, everyone on the tour would go off the rails and start skating up the mountain. Tranq had done a lot of work with me after that trying to figure out what was making them crash (early 2015, he came to the region and looked at stats while I ran round on the tour). Earlier this year, or maybe late last year, the tours had seemed to become stabilized and had been running smoothly with up to 3 or 4 bots on various tour paths for several weeks at a time. Lately, not so much...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:08 am 

Astoria, that does sound like the current performance issues on that machine might be causing any issues to be much more frequent than in the past. We have one region in particular that needs to move to another machine, and then there's some further tuning of what remains to see if there are any larger costs that need plucking. They should have the move taken care of in the next day or two. We'll review things again once that is done.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:19 am 

Jim Tarber wrote:
Astoria, that does sound like the current performance issues on that machine might be causing any issues to be much more frequent than in the past. We have one region in particular that needs to move to another machine, and then there's some further tuning of what remains to see if there are any larger costs that need plucking. They should have the move taken care of in the next day or two. We'll review things again once that is done.

OK; thanks.

The problematic bot seating issue happens only after region restarts, and recreation of the bot is automatic, so maybe the logs would cough something up shortly after the time it was restarted. I wouldn't need to be present, the bots are recreated by their botmaker and then it attempts to seat them where they were before the restart.

Page 5 of 5 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5