InWorldz

Where your Dreams are our Vision!

It is currently Mon May 28, 2018 1:48 am | All times are UTC - 6 hours
 Page 1 of 3 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Personal problem with sits :-)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:23 am 

I need to do more testing on this, but have to leave for awhile. Thought I'd throw out there what I've done so far to see if anyone has guidance for me.

On my 4 Kaedara Region sims, I can't get any animated sits to work after the 9.30.6148 update. Doesn't matter if it's poseball built or animated script created. Not all mine...probably about five creators' worth of product.

I just get the default sit on everything.

I need to rez out new copies of various ones and make notes of what works then when I'm able to stay inworld for a bit longer. But I did try a few items and they worked, and then was able to rez a new copy of one from Pamplemousse and it would not work.

I tested the auction benches at M&K Stables and go those to work. I tested the seating at two auction houses at the main oYo sims and couldn't get either to work for me. I tested at SEDA and the animated ones would not work for me, pose ball or script based. And Ely's?...the store with Twisted Textures was mixed, one thing worked while five others would not.

All these sims were updated at the time.

I tested with my main avatar on the computer and viewer I normally use. Then I tested the main avatar on my husband's high end gamer with different viewer. Then I tested with my alt. Same thing.

Would appreciate some guidance on figuring out if this is an issue with me or what.

I should be back in sometime today to see what comes up. Thanks!

Twitter: @dianacacy
One of the outgoing introverts
Sandie Bergen Memorial on Kaedara Region, Enchanted Isles Sim

Post subject: Re: Personal problem with sits :-)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:57 am 

Not sure it addresses your issue, but please check the ongoing discussion: http://inworldz.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=23174&p=212224#p212224
Normally the issue should be solved soon, with an ongoing rolling restart adrressing the problem.
If it persists after the upgrading of your sim, then please confirm the issue :)

"Shedrupling University" science
YichTrains Elven Works Lysaer Gortax Robots

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:29 am 

See second paragraph of original post...this is after the update...I checked first. Tried to see if anyone else saw issues but didn't so wondered if it was me.

I had a few moments to spare so I started rezing out new copies of my own made product and those seem to be working. I'll replace what I have out as soon as I can.

But on other things, a few things are starting to work, while a few others are still refusing.

I'll come back in after work and see if letting the sim sit awhile helped anything. Can't see anything to really go on still. Like Pamplemousse items. New copies of many items are working, while others still won't work with new copies rezed out.

And my favorite no-copy chair from LovEly designs won't work even after picking it up and setting it back out.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:52 am 

after the discussion, it seems that you need to reset the script. The update cannot make them recover the lost sit targets. Some may recover them without restart, though.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:07 am 

(I agree, it's absolutely a pita to try to manually work-over an entire parcel or region "one piece at a time". Sadly, in some cases, there's just no other way):

It doesn't sound like, to me, it's your avatar (but if you want to take the step of clearing caches and relogging just to rule out that possibility it couldn't hurt).

A few other suggestions that might help save a little time and labor:

I usually work "from the outside in" when catastrophic things happen on my region (potentially reducing the number of items that need 'personal' and 'intensive' attention) ...

Restart the region (if you can) some of the items might reset themselves and at least reduce the number of issues you may eventually have to work through, individually.

At that point you can 'try' using the object's menu restart on the ones you can and/or script reset (from edit > contents tab) to jump-start more of them (further reducing the work-load).

After that, it's likely you'll end up with at least a few that you'll have to reset by rez'ing a new copy.

When I do that, for whatever reason, it saves me time (and LOTS of effort) to rez the new copy with the old one still in place. That way I can use the coordinates and rotation degrees to position the new one from from edit, rather than "eyeballing" it (or having to write it down). I just make sure the new copy is a meter higher or lower than the true z coordinate so I 'can' remove the old one just before the new one is in the exact same spot (making it hard to tell which one you're removing at the end).

The Almighty tells me he can get me out of this mess, but he's pretty sure you're sporked.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:24 am 

Added: I had the problem too. I had to reset my scripts. Once done, it works well.

For my trains, you need to reset all the scripts

for the Magic Anim Script - 1.3.3, they have no sit target in script... so they are broken and need to be recovered from inventory

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:57 am 

LaryaBlackheart wrote:
(I agree, it's absolutely a pita to try to manually work-over an entire parcel or region "one piece at a time". Sadly, in some cases, there's just no other way):

or you could be lazy by surrounding everything within sight with a surround box (in edit) and using the menu item Reset Scripts to reset everything within that box. This is what I do when re-recording a scene for a rezzer box; I reset every object in one shot.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:02 pm 

LaryaBlackheart wrote:

When I do that, for whatever reason, it saves me time (and LOTS of effort) to rez the new copy with the old one still in place. That way I can use the coordinates and rotation degrees to position the new one from from edit, rather than "eyeballing" it (or having to write it down). I just make sure the new copy is a meter higher or lower than the true z coordinate so I 'can' remove the old one just before the new one is in the exact same spot (making it hard to tell which one you're removing at the end).

Oh, that's the hard way. Do this:

1) Rez the new one some place nearby.
2) Edit the old one.
3) From the edit menu click on the little copy button next to "Position" and the one next to "Rotation" ;not "Size"
4) Delete the old one.
5) Edit the new one and choose paste position and paste rotation.

Summary:
Rez new one
Edit old
Copy Copy Delete (click click Press delete key)
Edit new
Paste Paste (click click)

I've done this a million times when replacing old objects with new and also for other operations.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:29 pm 

Tempest and anyone else affected:

There was a problem in the 0.9.29 update, which we discovered too late to stop it from affecting some objects, that I described here:
http://inworldz.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=212151#p212151

The problem causes sit targets (a prim attribute like description or floating text) to be lost. Those sit targets are just plain gone from the data and you'd see that once a region is restarted.

I believe the upgrades overnight do fix that, so that it stops more objects from losing their sit targets, but unfortunately it cannot repair the ones that have already lost their sit targets.

However in many cases, sit targets are set by scripts, so resetting the script may re-set the sit targets too. Other objects load the sit targets from configuration files (e.g. MLP) and again resetting them will fix this.

Here's what I wrote about this in the other thread:
Jim Tarber wrote:
Unfortunately the damage is already done for those affected objects and when the region comes back up (with or without the fix) the saved objects will have lost their sit targets.

Once we do the update, if you find you have important objects which appear to have broken sit locations, you can try a reset scripts to see if that fixes it. If it's no-mod and you can't do that, try a Take and rez it again. If it's affecting important things, you may want to consider a region rollback to October 26 or earlier, if you have that available. (Backups are not available in some cases.) If none of that fixes it, try finding an older copy in your inventory and rez that one instead. If that doesn't fix it (or it's no-copy so there aren't older ones), you may need to contact the creator for a fresh copy.

I know this may be confusing to follow. Just trying to make the best of a bad situation.

So once again, here are things you can try to fix any objects that have lost sit targets. If you find you have objects which appear to have broken sit locations, you can:

1. Try a Reset Scripts to see if that fixes it.

2. If it's no-mod and you can't do that, try a Take and rez it again. (Some scripts reset on rez, or set their sit targets again.)

3. If that doesn't help and it's affecting important things, you may want to consider a region rollback to October 26 or earlier, if you have that available. (Backups are not available in some cases.)

4. If none of that fixes it, try finding an older copy in your inventory and rez that one instead.

5. If that doesn't fix it (or it's no-copy so there aren't older ones), you may need to contact the creator for a fresh copy (or manually set the sit targets again, as appropriate, if you are the creator and that's the only copy).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:21 pm 

Thanks for the answers on dealing with it. I shall go through my sims as I get time with the suggestions.

And taking care of the other things we talked about before, Jim. Why it's back, no clue. Pesky things.

Page 1 of 3 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next