InWorldz

Where your Dreams are our Vision!

It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 7:23 pm | All times are UTC - 6 hours
 Page 2 of 2 [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: My nPose powered Items don't work anymore
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:33 pm 

LoganStargazer wrote:
Exactly. You can send out an updated working version today and then take a year (?) to send out the real version which may be even better. Who knows? Maybe the ol commands would never expire.
That's not a solution; that's the problem Kayaker and I have been trying to figure out a solution for. That solution you propose above still requires all creators send out new updated versions for all their products. How is that an improvement? In Kayaker's solution, there is no more updates a year from now or whatever, this is the real version now today. But that's the problem we're trying to avoid, it requires sending out updates. Unfortunately we don't think that can be avoided, it was just a bug in his script that attempted to be forward-compatible, that was revealed by the update to not be so, at least in terms of the data stored not being compatible.

His update makes the data compatible, avoiding the need to reposition everything again, but it does require an updated script to be used in all the products.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:22 am 

Ok, whatever happens now i am going to update all Poses again. Because anything else would destroy my business totally and i like to be up to date with my Items. My reputation already is damaged. What that means in Future i will see. However, the first Items are fixed with the new nPose 2.0 OS Version. I decided to use the nPose OpenSim Version which is also maintained by Howard Baxton in SL who works on the original Version. You can find it in my Mainstores, of course for free and full perm.

I don't know what is better for IW because here runs an own Server Version which is different from the Standard OpenSim Servers. I think it depends to which Version we are closer here to SL or OS. But for answering this Jim is more qualified than me.

Regads Jessi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:48 am 

JessideVil wrote:
I decided to use the nPose OpenSim Version which is also maintained by Howard Baxton in SL who works on the original Version.

Well now, I don't think we are 100% Open Sim compatible either but I could be wrong.

What is the difference between that nPose and the "standard" one?

Also, I didn't mean to confuse you or give you false hope with my posts. My intent was to offer help and if I caused confusion I do apologize. Sometimes my heart over rules my brain.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:04 am 

nPose? Opensim? Since when did nPose work in Opensim (in a way that is actually supported by Opensim and isn't subject to change next time Opensim decide to merge with some other codebase and screw up all the current content)?

http://www.hypergridbusiness.com/2016/0 ... m-release/

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:47 am 

Since at least 3 or 4 Month i think, but the Version i used here since about two years uses Poseballs. Just in a way that they can be invisible. Its a workaround from Revision McCallen aka Animation Engine.

Now nPose is full supported here and at Opensim especially since Howard Baxton made a Version which works like the SL Version. Don't ask me about the changes but it works well.

Regards Jessi

Page 2 of 2 [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2