InWorldz

Where your Dreams are our Vision!

It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 7:39 pm | All times are UTC - 6 hours
 Page 4 of 4 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject: Re: Inventory woes again - REOPENED
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:37 am 

signing in is made with the link at upper right.
You identify yourself with the email you used
the password I don't know where you get it, probably use "lost password" to recreate one

"Shedrupling University" science
YichTrains Elven Works Lysaer Gortax Robots

Post subject: Re: Inventory woes again - REOPENED
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:41 am 

FYI -

When the ticket system was switched over to the current one it was explained that reporters don't "have" to register a user account to file a ticket or to check it's status ... -BUT- ... if you don't register a user account you have to pay attention to the screen that verifies you opened a ticket and write the ticket number down somewhere to be able to review it later. I stress this to anyone that asks me about customer support. So [imo] it's just easier to have a registered account and log in to file or check the status of tickets.

As I understand it, Guest User reports [reports made by unregistered accounts or by users who aren't logged in] only display the ticket number [somewhere on the screen] as part of the verification when they open a ticket.

To see any information about that ticket again they have to know the number and "search" by clicking Guest User > "check ticket status". This accesses a page with a screen that has two fields and a button. One field to enter email address and one for the ticket number. The button is labelled "email access". When clicked on the user is sent a link [to email] that will actually open the ticket.

AFAIK this this is the only active use of anyone's email address by the support system that I've seen so far - other than; for registered users the email address appears to be an internal linking system 'only' [tying that user's tickets together for tracking]. I have only gotten one email from the system .. and that was "as above" - linking me to one specific ticket when not logged in.

ETA: I just opened a ticket without logging in to support ... It does appear that the ticket number that SHOULD be reported by the system does not get posted to the verification screen or anywhere else I could find [the verification screen was where I understood it should be listed so unregistered users could record the number to check status later] and I could find no other way of obtaining the ticket number. However, when I logged in to my user account the ticket was displayed with all others that I have reported using the email address support has on file.

Just supposition, and not saying this is the ideal choice for all users, but - it might be that if a user registers an account after their initial report the system would "find" that report and attach it to the user's [now registered] account.
This would, of course, need to be tested by someone with a new or alternate email that could be registered with the support system after they have filed at least one initial report when they were not registered/logged in, to see if that's an option for recapturing their "lost"/unpublished ticket number.

The Almighty tells me he can get me out of this mess, but he's pretty sure you're sporked.

Post subject: Re: Inventory woes again - SOLVED
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:05 pm 

All fixed. The textures are back. Thanks, Jim.
Wow! I was 1000+ items short on inventory!

Had a shock when I saw all the FOLDERS were gone but then looked in Lost And Found and there they were.

Oh, BTW, whoever took the ticket wrote me back and told me there was no problem and it's my viewer's fault. Uh...no...My inventory shows signs of somebody actually fixing the problem like you did last time with my objects folder. There was a problem and somebody (you?) fixed it.

ty

Post subject: Re: Inventory woes again - SOLVED
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:46 pm 
Admin

Allow me to correct that, as I read the ticket in question... No, you were asked specifically for viewer information so that she could pass the information on as we are looking at a couple of different bugs that involve inventory and viewers. No where in that ticket did it imply that there was nothing wrong. Would you like me to post it for everyone else to see?

Page 4 of 4 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4