InWorldz

Where your Dreams are our Vision!

It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 7:22 pm | All times are UTC - 6 hours
 Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: InShape region registration and other news
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:22 pm 
Admin

By the end of this week, InShape region registration will be going live. This means that if you have an InShape running/walking kit on a region you own, you'll be able to paste a places.inworldz.com URL into a selection of regions that will be featured on the website as well as randomly selected for users coming in to work out.

Once this has been completed, we'll be pushing on InShape related advertising via social networks to people that want to experience a new kind of workout.

Wolf has informed me that he thinks most of the changes for a new kit should be done sometime today. So we'll get this packaged up and released to region owners within the next couple of days. Please let your groups and others know about this that may not follow the developments here.

The kit will make it really easy to set up a route, just put on a HUD to record a route and walk around your region in a loop that you want InShape exercisers to follow.

If you already have a loop set up with the old kit that will still work just fine. I also added more demo scripts that can display a runners heartrate here: https://github.com/InWorldz/inshape-inw ... etrics.lsl

I'll post more here when the new kit is ready.

Post subject: Re: InShape region registration and other news
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:20 pm 

Everything is coming along really well, but just a quick note to say that you WILL need to recreate any existing routes. I'm really sorry for any inconvenience on that but the new notecard format makes much smoother and more efficient routes, much less work for the rezzed devices and allows for much longer multi-region routes too.

I tried writing a convertor for old routes but they don't come out anywhere near as smooth as the new ones do, so I am going to ask people to recreate them please. Feel free to throw rotten eggs if you like :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:31 pm 
Admin

Ok, so to clarify my point with new data!

Your old loop will continue to work with the original scripts. If you want to use the new ones, you'll have to redo the loop.

We won't be dropping support for the older scripts and followers.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:56 pm 

The "engine" script has been changed to read old and new route notecard formats so you won't have to do the routes again unless you want to, even with the new kit.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:34 am 

Reminder for In-Shape trails owners.

A In-Shape trails category has been opened in InWorldz Explorer Hud.
I received a few and they were added. And have one pending.

If you want also to be in there with In-Shape trails also you know what to do :-)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:42 am 

TranquillityDexler wrote:

The kit will make it really easy to set up a route, just put on a HUD to record a route and walk around your region in a loop that you want InShape exercisers to follow.

FYI Tranq. Trail can be a "flat loop". I mean it can come back on itself after a 360° turn at "mid of trail". The one I made on Walton Bay is just like that as island and water passages made for boats did not allow to make a full go around island loop.

You can run as much laps as you want of course. When you come back at start you can do it again without stopping. Wolf's InShape Simulator HUD allowed me to test it even if I have no in-shape physical tool in RL. Was fun to see me run and fly my cam above me.

Glad to read I won't have to redo it.
I had a full stack of very rotten tomatoes for da wolfie. :-D

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]